The 2015 72hr Winter Special!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
It would be cool if the people who participated in the 72 hour contest could also make a reply about their experiments (if they tried any) in this thread:
http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=21814

Not necessarily now, maybe it might be better to play the maps more through to the end so we really know how they worked out, but sometime.

Paraphrasing Elon Musk from here; it's important that people try things that are different and more importantly better, but also it's important to create an environment where that sort of thinking is encouraged, and also one where failure is okay. In a lot of cases trying something new will fail, but if every time someone came up with a new map idea it had to be successful then people won't want to come up with new ideas.

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Each map has about 1-3 minutes of brief discussion. It's all brief so not much sugar coating, I also probably missed a map or two so I appologise for that. I'll probably do more detailed ones for each of the stage 2 ones

Last edited by a moderator:

Bull

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 30, 2011
Well then, I like that my entry got in the final 15! I know it ain't good enough to win but I'm already happy that I got a map finished at all!

Hope you guys like / liked KOTH_mannieval!

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
This seems like a really awkward time for me to bring this up, but shouldn't the winners of all three places of the contest get Map Maker's Medallions? According to its wiki article it's usually given to "the top three placing winners of all major TF2Maps.net contests".

I'm probably just making a fuss out of nothing tbh but I thought I'd bring it up since it seemed kinda weird to me.

Tekku

aa
Aug 31, 2008
This seems like a really awkward time for me to bring this up, but shouldn't the winners of all three places of the contest get Map Maker's Medallions? According to its wiki article it's usually given to "the top three placing winners of all major TF2Maps.net contests".

I'm probably just making a fuss out of nothing tbh but I thought I'd bring it up since it seemed kinda weird to me.

Key word in there, major, 72 hour contests as far as I know have never been considered to be major.

Status
Not open for further replies.