tf_zombie_spawner

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Zombiemaker, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Zombiemaker

Zombiemaker L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    How do I get this entity in hammer to work? Could someone provide a step by step explanation?

2. Kraken

Kraken Few more zeros and ones for the site to proccess

Positive Ratings:
    How do you define working? Do you mean it triggers randomly or something else?

3. Zombiemaker

Positive Ratings:
    What I mean is that I want the tf_zombie_spawner to spawn zombies from the beginning of a round all the way to the end without stopping. Having about 9 zombies alive per spawner and have them spawn another once one dies. I also want them to be the original ones that are hostile to both teams.

4. Kraken

Kraken Few more zeros and ones for the site to proccess

Positive Ratings:
    Well i basically only know that you must have a navigation mesh on your map to them being able to move.

5. killohurtz

aa killohurtz Distinction in Applied Carving

Positive Ratings:
    Setting up this entity is actually quite simple!

Once you place the spawner, open up its properties and set the following keyvalues:

[​IMG]

- You can leave the name blank if you plan to operate all spawners in the map together; otherwise give it a unique name.
    - A life time of 0 (seconds) will allow the skeletons to live until they are killed.
    - Setting the skeleton count will cap the number of active skeletons for that spawner.
    - Setting infinite spawn to Yes will cause the spawner to replace skeletons as they are killed.
    - There are 2 options for skeleton type, Normal and King. Both of them are the green, hostile-to-both-teams variety.

After that's set up, then you'll need to add a logic_auto entity. Navigate to the Outputs tab and add the output below. If you left the spawner unnamed, simply put tf_zombie_spawner as the targetname instead, and it will fire the output to all unnamed spawners (it will also be marked as broken in Hammer, but it still works).

[​IMG]

Finally, once you compile the map and load it in TF2, type sv_cheats 1 into the console followed by nav_generate. This will create a nav mesh for your map and then reload it, allowing your skeletons to move around.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  6. Zombiemaker

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you soooooo much! The map I am making was fully dependant on this, now I can finish it 2 years later. Thank you!