tf_generic_bomb not being triggered by bullets

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by trbz_, Jun 19, 2017.

1. trbz_

trbz_ L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    It works fine with explosives (grenades and rockets) and melee weapons, but when I shoot it with a bullet, like a Scattergun or Sniper Rifle, nothing happens. The bullet just goes right through it and hits the wall behind it.

2. Diva Dan

aa Diva Dan hello!

Positive Ratings:
    Are you using splash damage from explosives to trigger it? Or the rockets hit it dead-on and still trigger it? because chances are it's a prop with no collision model

3. trbz_

Positive Ratings:
    Is there any way to give the prop a collision model? It's the dynamite prop from the construction pack.

4. Diva Dan

aa Diva Dan hello!

Positive Ratings:
    You'd have to recompile the prop yourself and give it a physics model. That, or you can make your own button surrounding it that is triggered by bullets, sending an output to explode the bomb. You can't have an animated pumpkin bomb though so you should try to use a solid model

5. trbz_

Positive Ratings:
    How would I create a trigger that is activated by bullets?

6. Diva Dan

aa Diva Dan hello!

Positive Ratings:
    Create a func_button with nodraw shaped like the model and let it be activated by bullets in the flags menu

When it's activated, make it move out of the way so players don't hit the invisible brush when the bomb isn't there- i think it's a built in option

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Func_button

7. trbz_

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks! It works.