gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
Well it sometimes will but rarely

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
Oh yeah you're doing the bsp thing... how do you have it set up now? Does it just search and find or do you have paths for the non-thirdparty mods? I might include something similar for using with gcfscape/other.

My current plan is just to ship it with a bunch of configuration files that go something like this:
Code:
<gameconf>
  <displayname>Team Fortress 2</displayname>
  <folderprefix>tf</folderprefix>
  <foldername>team fortress 2</foldername>

<gcfs>
    <gcf prefix="hl2" path="source 2007 shared sounds.gcf"/>
    <gcf prefix="hl2" path="source 2007 shared models.gcf"/>
    <gcf prefix="tf" path="team fortress 2 client content.gcf"/>
    <!-- etc... -->
  </gcfs>
</gameconf>

That should be more than enough for an alpha release, and then later I can try making a system that can build it from gameinfo files. Not sure how (if at all) to support other SourceMods like Neotokyo: The line between "files that are part of the base install" and "custom content" gets really blurred.

Yeah... I think I read that offline support was added later... I don't think they originally intended Steam to work without an internet connection. You have to be online to go offline, sort of defeats the purpose.

One possible solution would be to have an option for Steam to automatically go into offline mode with all you games whenever you shutdown or hibernate it.

'Course, that might muck with their ability to audit against piracy...

Last edited:

Cerulean

L3: Member
Sep 12, 2008
Still making it pretty, and it works better.

-switched from the dropdown list to the 'open file dialog' for choosing maps

Choosing a mod will:

-automatically set up the game tab to launch that appid (and launch option profiles don't change on mod switch)
-vmf folder will autoswitch to the mod's default
-choosing left4dead paths are also working, and the sdk button should launch authoring tools

-still need to setup profiles for custom mods (allow saving/auto-loading of profile between program starts)

ss20091019212226.png