Resource icon

Model TF2Mod's Community "Medieval Update" Assets final2

Yaki

aa
Sep 3, 2018
Morrigan Alley Props - From "Medieval Update" in 2011

This pack contains the following: https://web.archive.org/web/20170801211753/http://medieval.tf2mods.net/6_1.html

This pack is from the original (and first!) community medieval update. Released in the year 2011, it was simply called "Medieval Update".

This pack here are all the props from Morrigan Alley released in that update.

Enjoy, and battle on!

Update Page on the Official TF2 Wiki: https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Medieval_Update

NOTE: The Medieval Shoppe signs seem to have some bad geometry, and will spit out an error in the console. Not sure if it's harmless or not!

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Did you make these assets? If not, have you gotten permission from the original author(s) to upload their work?

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Did you make these assets? If not, have you gotten permission from the original author(s) to upload their work?

I did a bit of sleuthing about this (about three minutes worth), and here's what I found.

On the old Medieval Update page, there's credits, but none of them are linked to anything. It's just a list of names, so that's no help.

Morrigan Alley is actually up on TF2M, and the creator lists a few of the props that he made. That's good!

Finally, on the Steam Workshop page, the map maker says he made "all the custom props and textures (minus the catapults)", so all we need now is to find out who did the catapult.

I did not make any of these assets, and no I haven't gotten any permission from the original authors.

If you can find out who made what and get the permissions, can you also upload the weapons released for this update?

Yaki

aa
Sep 3, 2018
Actually, I didn't notice this but the models I submitted are all zipped with the author names included on them. Included in each zip is a readme with the authors of that specific pack.

Do you want me to list the original authors? Or did I make a mistake in uploading this without their permission?

Just so I do mention this: I did NOT intend to steal their work. It was to preserve the original author's works (and give where credit is due).

If you can find out who made what and get the permissions, can you also upload the weapons released for this update?

"Imperial_Armory.zip" is what we're looking for, and it seems the link to it is dead. There are some weapons, but not all of them. I'll upload those and then list the authors.

Last edited:

Yaki

aa
Sep 3, 2018
Authors of "Weapons_Archive"

File: Contrails_Caduceus_Medigun
Author: Contrails
Replaces: Medigun

File: DeRosaJ_Frenchlock_Letranger
Author: Cedar/DeRosaJ
Replaces: Letranger

File: HellJumper777_HewersHatchet_Bushwaka
Author: HellJumper777
Replaces: Bushwacka

File: JZeeba_RoastedDragonBone_Equalizer
Author: JZeeba
Replaces: Equalizer

File: Vi3trice_LunaticsPlight_Shahanshah
Author: Vi3trice
Replaces: Shahanshah

======
Authors of "Props_Archive"

File: Contrails_Catapult_Prop
Author:
Contrails - Everything

File: Mnemosynaut_Cauldron_Prop
Author
Mnemosynaut - Everything

File: PogoPieTony_MedievalCap_Prop
Authors:
Pogothemunty - Model
Pie_tony - Texture

File: Selentic_Cannon_Prop
Author:
Selentic - Everything

File: Treythepunkid_MorriganAlley_Prop
Author:
Treythepunkid - Everything

File: Treythepunkid_Tent_Prop
Author:
HellJumper - Model
Treythepunkid - Texture and Animation

Read the rest of this update entry...

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Generally uploading things without permission of the author is a no-no, but archiving hard to find things is usually an exception. I don't know how many of these people are still active, but it may be worth trying to get in contact with someone still active to see if the asset pack was ever taken down intentionally.