TF2Maps Presents: The TF2 Summer Jam 2018

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
I'll be on holiday on the period of the jam:), Is it possible for me to start early on Wed. 18 July UTC 10 AM until Sat. 21 July UTC 10 AM?

This is fine, yeah. Sorry for the delayed response.

The Bran Man

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 29, 2017
Bless

FloofCollie

I really suck!
aa
Nov 5, 2016
@Void
I'd like to start tomorrow (Thursday), since I'll be going away on holiday during the weekend - is that alright?

Also, what are the specifications for models submitted as entries? Can they just be generic .obj files or do they have to be compatible with TF2 (I.E. all set up as an entity to just drop into Hammer)?

EDIT: Also, will there be a gameday for hosting these maps?

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Also, what are the specifications for models submitted as entries? Can they just be generic .obj files or do they have to be compatible with TF2 (I.E. all set up as an entity to just drop into Hammer)?
You can submit what you want. However, people will want to be able to actually view what you've made, so you should include a screenshot at minimum. In the past, we've gotten hundreds of entries, so it's unlikely that anyone will take the time to download your model if they don't even know what it looks like. Making the model ready to use in Hammer would also go a long way.

Also, will there be a gameday for hosting these maps?
As far as I know, testing will work the same as it usually does (via the Discord bot's map list). You can also leave a note with your map when you add it to the list, so indicate that your map is for the jam. I'll try to make everybody know that jam maps should get priority.

The most reliable way to get your map tested is to play in a test and request to play your map. If the server is full before you can join, try to message someone in the test (preferably the host) and request that they play your map.

MoonFox

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 17, 2015
haven't decided whether to make a cosmetic item... or make another map

ʙsi | egn

L1: Registered
Jul 8, 2017
@Void
The 3 days in which the event takes place isn't a suitable time for me personally, so could I work on it tomorrow, and then next Monday and Tuesday? Ill even time myself.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
@Void
The 3 days in which the event takes place isn't a suitable time for me personally, so could I work on it tomorrow, and then next Monday and Tuesday? Ill even time myself.

I think it has to be three days straight. Sorry.

buud

Jul 19, 2018
:eek: nice, but aren't the medals the one with the sunglasses and not the usual jimmyjam like medals?

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
Could I have my 72hr period stretch from Monday the 23rd at 10:00 AM (or whenever I haul my lazy ass out of bed) to the same time on Thursday?

EDIT: Times above are in EDT. GMT would be 2:00 PM.

FrostyHoneyJuicy

L3: Member
Jun 12, 2014
Lil' question. Is this medal for 72hr participation or for charity donation?

6WAOcYm.png

I found it on the trade.tf/items/updates website for those who are curious.

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Could I have my 72hr period stretch from Monday the 23rd at 10:00 AM (or whenever I haul my lazy ass out of bed) to the same time on Thursday?

EDIT: Times above are in EDT. GMT would be 2:00 PM.

That's fine, just keep us updated.

Participant medals are being patched in at a later date. The Ray of Sunshine is for donors.

リドリー

Jul 19, 2018
Can we get a direct link for donations? The only one I've found for AbleGamers doesn't fit the OP description.

EDIT: I know donations only start on the 27th (apparently) but a link would prevent a lot of confusion. I want to know if one exists yet.

Last edited:

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
Can we get a direct link for donations? The only one I've found for AbleGamers doesn't fit the OP description.

EDIT: I know donations only start on the 27th (apparently) but a link would prevent a lot of confusion. I want to know if one exists yet.

I'll have it set up soon, likely tomorrow.

ʙsi | egn

Jul 8, 2017
@Void I'm planning on doing a drawing, but I'll be EXTREMELY busy on the weekend of the Jam. Is it possible I could start today, Friday at 4:30 PST in California and finish on Sunday at 4:30 PST? Please and thank you :)

Void

aa
Sep 14, 2008
@Void I'm planning on doing a drawing, but I'll be EXTREMELY busy on the weekend of the Jam. Is it possible I could start today, Friday at 4:30 PST in California and finish on Sunday at 4:30 PST? Please and thank you :)

That's fine, yep!