TF2Maps.net Mapping Contest #7: Upload Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
This thread is for submissions only. Any unrelated post will get deleted. If you have questions, send them to me (Ravidge) in a PM.

_trt.png

Deadline:
The contest will end on April 30th, 9:00 pm UTC (Check your timezone!), (Countdown!). You have 1 week to submit your map (from the moment this post was made).
After the deadline closes there will be a 72 hour grace period to fix any critical errors and mistakes. This will be handled on a case by case basis, contact me (Ravidge) through a forum PM if you need to make a grace period update. The grace period is not "extra time", it's a safety net to prevent crashing servers and broken map logic.

Late entries will not be accepted! Make sure you plan ahead and avoid the risk of having 4 months of work get disqualified. Feel free to submit early and continue to update your submission throughout this week, you are allowed to update your submission any number of times until the thread closes.

Be sure you've read the rules and double check everything yourself before finalizing your entry.
Full list of the rules can be found here http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=18555

_tg.png

Submit your entry:
Your submission should be posted (in this thread) in the following format:
Author: (forum name please)
Map name: (full filename please. Uppercase letters are forbidden)
Screenshot: (link only, no watermarks, names, HUD, weapons, JUST map. As high a resolution as you can please)
Download: (single zip or bz2 archive containing nothing other than the .bsp, don't forget to pack in any custom content)

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Author: Fr0z3n
Map name: pl_rust_b2
Screenshot: Link
Download: Link to b2

Goodluck to the entrants! (this will be updated as the week progresses, but I wanted to have something that works)

EDIT2: Final contest version submitted, pl_rust_b2.

Last edited:

Vilepickle

Banned
Oct 25, 2007
Author: Vilepickle
Map Name: pl_vesper_b4
Download: Link

Might get to do an update during the week, but if not here it is. It's been fun making my first map in years. Good luck to all.

Draco18s

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 19, 2009
I feel so...so...inadequate!

Author: Draco18s
Map Name: pl_mines

I went and fucked up getting that screenshot, encased the map in a skybox cube and removed the ceilings to get proper visibility...and forgot that Hammer saves the map when you compile and closed it without undoing. Fffffuuuuu.

Not that it matters much, as I didn't get to texturing, propping, lighting, fogging.... I'd meant to at least have this textured by the deadline, but I just feel burned out.

A note: there are actually two junctions that Red can change during setup. Maybe a bit gimmicky, but I had fun making them. One route is "short and defendable" the other is "long and attackable." Each seems roughly balanced.
Option 1 Option 2 (Shoot to change).
The other is from red spawn -> turn 180 degrees to the right, run up hill, it'll be on the left (picture of it from hammer from a week ago, just behind the CP, (initial) redspawn is in the rock column). Continuing strait (underwater, left or through the opening, right) will get you to blue spawn (past/behind the option 1/2 pictures). It's poorly signaged, but it's one of those things that I Just Didn't Get To. Along with moving the two CPs to better places (as to disable the initial redspawn, rather than it being arbitrary).

Last edited:

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
yes.gif

Author: Aly
Map Name: pl_escarpment_rc1

I'm fine with changing status quo, but not in letting go
Now the world is being torn apart
A terrible catastrophe played by your symphony,
what a terrifying work of art!

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
Author: LeSwordfish
plr_atoll_b1
Screenshot
Download

Cave Johnson, we're done here.

GLHF to all others.

EDIT: As a note, i most likely won't be able to be communicated through steam for quite some time, possibly up to two months. If you want to contact me in that time, and please do if you have any issues, forum PM is a good way to do it. I'll still be on the forums regularly.

Last edited:

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
Author: Ezekel
Map: pl_moonlit_b6.bsp
Screen: Screenshot
Download: Download

I might throw out another version before the deadline if anything isn't working good (e.g. bad pakratting/cubemaps/etc) but most likely this is the contest entry version.

gone with a beauty shot of the island, but might switch it for something more directly linked to regular gameplay areas.

good luck to all. :)

ics

http://ics-base.net
aa
Jun 17, 2010
pl_curve_b8

Author: ics
Map name: pl_curve_b8
Screenshot: Screenshot

Public enemy no. 1. Good luck to everyone who takes part! Updated to _b8 28th of April 2012!

Just incase if the site should be down at critical moment, here's mirrors: Screenshot & Download

Last edited:

Motanum

L2: Junior Member
Jan 30, 2011
Pl Underdam

Underdam a Paylaod Map!

Author: Motanum
Map name: pl_underdam_v1
Download: Play me! [3 minutes to uplaod from the time of this edit]

This is a standard Payload map, with some cool new features.

I hope you guys like it. This is my second TF2 maps, and dajm, it is quite hard to do so. The amount of detailing to do is overwhelming!

Anyways. I hope you guys like it and that it is worthy of an ingame mappers medal!

Good luck to all! This is going to be tough, those screenshot look very, very nice!

I am leaving on friday, but I hope to come back to my desktop on monday, so hopefully I can join you guys to play and test. I hope this is the final version unless some dodgy crash or fail packbsp error.

Last edited:

Wolfen

L1: Registered
Jan 24, 2010
Author: Wolfen
Map name: pl_alpine_forest_rc2.bsp

It's playable, there are a few issues I found in a test tonight but I'll try and update this with a newer version before the thread closes. Just thought I'd get it out here in case I can't fix some of these issues in time. This way I at least have one version entered.

I must say I played some of the competition to see what I was up against and I must say, there are some pretty strong maps. May the best mappers prosper and continue making good maps.

Edit: This is version rc2. There was a last minute graphical glitch at the end of the map. I'd like to request the ability to fix it tonight and re-upload this exact version if that is allowed.

Last edited:

Map_Maker1

Jul 18, 2010
pl_ravine

Author: Map_Maker1
Map Name: pl_ravine
Screenshot: Screenshot

This is a single round payload map.

This is my first attempt at a Payload and TF2 map.

I've learned so much and had a lot of fun making it and hope everyone has as much fun playing it. If I have a chance, I will upload another version of the map with bug fixes, but this will be my submission if i can't.

Update: I have removed all the bugs I had found in my play-tests. The download link has been updated.

Good luck to everyone.

Last edited:

re1wind

aa
Aug 12, 2009
Author: re.wind
map name: pl_sunken_rocket_b1
screenshot: link
Download: Dropbox link

untested version with regards to gameplay, so it'll be a surprise for everyone.
Half-finished detailing, boring spawn rooms, sparse detail everywhere else, No 3D skybox.

Will continue to work on map after the contest.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Author: henke37
map name: pl_creekcrossing_a21
Screenshot: link
Download: At mediafire

I am just seeing how many points I can scrape together based on technicalities. Me being lucky is this not getting last place.

Last edited:

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Last edited:

[OzG] Roo Bert

Apr 29, 2012
Payload map contest submission - [OzG] Roo Bert

Author: [OzG] Roo Bert
Map name: pl_redhidingwoods
Screenshots: link
Download map (bsp): link
Download related files: link

My first proper map, so took a while to get right.
It's a standard PL run (3 caps plus the end pit) in an outdoors woodland setting.
There is a draw-bridge, a turn-table, a train that runs on time, a tunnel, a ramp, a scenic waterfall with another bridge, a mine shaft, a sawmill near a pretty lake, sniper towers, lots of stairs and plenty more!

Can't wait to see all the entries!
Best of luck to all involved!

Keep an eye out for my next map cp_pubcrawl!

Status
Not open for further replies.