TF2Maps.net Major Mapping Contest #10: Tale of Two Skillsets- RESULTS

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010

TF2MContest10.png

TF2Maps.net Major Mapping Contest #10
A tale of two skillsets

FINALLY, we're done. Thats it. Voting has concluded, votes have been tallied, surprise maps have risen towards the top. But, who came out on top? Well, lets find out!

PHASE 1
FIRST PLACE:
cp_Keikoku!

SECOND PLACE:
mvm_intercept!

PHASE 2
FIRST PLACE:
cp_Keikoku! (AGAIN!)

SECOND PLACE:
koth_petrichor!

Congratulations to our winners! I'll be contact with you all shortly to talk prizes and such!
Agregate scores can be found here: Phase 1 and Phase 2.

Judges review for both phases by me: Phase 1 and Phase 2.

Some fun little facts:
  • Phase 1, Public Favorite: MvM intercept
  • Phase 1, Judges Favorite: Tied between innovation and Keikoku
  • Phase 2, Public Favorite: keikoku
  • Phase 2, Judges Favorite: Excavate
  • If Excavate didn't get the 2.5 point reduction for layout changes in phase 2, it would've been first place with a score of 7.9 (beating keikoku's 7.65).
  • Intercept, excavate, innovation and keikoku were the only maps to have a score over 8.0 in either the public or judged voting.

Again, congratulations to everyone who tried to enter, succesfully entered, voted and play tested. This wasn't the smoothest of contests, but hot darn was it a fun one!

Just a reminder that the 72hr Contest does start up on June 27th... Perhaps there is a little bit more coming too? Stay tuned!

Last edited:

Berry

resident homo
aa
Dec 27, 2012
I love how many contests we've got going this year; it really livens the place up and gives people more reason to map.

TheoF114

L1: Registered
Sep 10, 2013
Congratulations, a well deserved win.
Kicking myself about detailing the wrong version of the map now, but oh well, live and learn.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
Congratulations, a well deserved win.
Kicking myself about detailing the wrong version of the map now, but oh well, live and learn.

You made a detailed the map fantastically, which fell short on a technicality. You definitely should be damn proud of that.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
So are we going to get to see the full judge writeups? I forget how major contests work already.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Still keen to read the judges reviews, for both phases. I don't see your writeups in the first post either, Frozen, just the aggregate scores.