TF2Maps.net Major Contest #14: Connect 5: The Original TF2Maps.net Boardgame

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Even though its probably too late to start a new map, Looking at this contest, I thought of an idea: A multi stage map like dust bowl, but each level has a new row. Like if the map was in a kind of bio-grade science place. Maybe like Phi's reckoner.

Just... throwing it out there.

It might work as a TC-sort of map, with each cap being in it's own bio-dome.

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
Ah, I see. That works, just please make sure that damage doesn’t shake the person’s camera, because that would affect gameplay.
If the damage doesn't shake the camera, while being a relief for players attempting to concentrate, the damage would be a silent killer, with the player probably not even noticing damage being dealt, which may become frustrating as you can't figure out what is damaging you until much too late.

Harritron

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 26, 2017
If the damage doesn't shake the camera, while being a relief for players attempting to concentrate, the damage would be a silent killer, with the player probably not even noticing damage being dealt, which may become frustrating as you can't figure out what is damaging you until much too late.
I understand what you are saying, which I totally agree with, however, I did some searching around and found that if the trigger_hurt is set to "CLUB", it only emits the critical death scream upon death. This setting results in the camera shaking a little, but not too much, while still giving the player an indication that they are being damaged, which overall creates an equal ground between these two issues.

Rissy

L1: Registered
Nov 14, 2017
Hey guys, I hope for your help. When I put some models to the map (in most cases they are half in the brush) they lose their light and become black (as in this screenshot). Can someone explain why this is and give a solution to my problem? GmMCK8GGlW4.jpg

Skittelz

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 17, 2016

Rissy

Nov 14, 2017
Nice map Rissy! It reminds me of gorge or process. Great job!
Yeah, thanks. It`s based on design of gorge and mountainlab, but only main teams spawnbuilding. Other structure is mostly like farms and gravel industrial buildings (A little spoiler :D )

G.bo

Sep 24, 2017
Welp, *Dusts off hands* time to start a second contest entry.

I need to start mine...2 months after I drew the the idea out on paper. :(

Rissy

Nov 14, 2017
I need to start mine...2 months after I drew the the idea out on paper. :(
The same happened to me, but only for 2 weeks i almost have done about 70% of map. So, If you good at hammer I think you must done that maximum by the half of march. Well, good luck!

Cincomma

bonk sploosh
aa
Aug 2, 2017
Knowing how most KotH maps go, I've added a flank route at mid on my map above the train tunnel...
flank.jpg
and a bird on the train.
bird.jpg
Yea, I've had enough time to cram some Easter Eggs into the map.

Harritron

Feb 26, 2017
Knowing how most KotH maps go, I've added a flank route at mid on my map above the train tunnel.
Looks great! Just a tip, when you take screenshots, please be sure to turn up your settings to the max, even if you have a crappy computer. Some details may not appear in your images, or other detail will be hard to make out because of low texture quality.

Cincomma

bonk sploosh
aa
Aug 2, 2017
Looks great! Just a tip, when you take screenshots, please be sure to turn up your settings to the max, even if you have a crappy computer. Some details may not appear in your images, or other detail will be hard to make out because of low texture quality.
Yeah, ik. My computer is trash xD