TF2Maps.net Major Contest #13: Asymmetry 2: Asymmetric Boogaloo

Svode

Take a Chance on Me
aa
Jul 31, 2016
Aw chute. I may just do an AD map (because we don't have enough of those yet.) Should I do 2 or 3 points?

DegruM

L2: Junior Member
Sep 26, 2014
I assume you can upload and still update the map before and after the contest is over?

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
I assume you can upload and still update the map before and after the contest is over?

Yes. This is not like the 72 hour or 7.2 hour contests. You are encouraged to take the full development of your map, getting it tested and iterated both before and after.

nickybakes

You should've played Rumbleverse
aa
Jul 28, 2015
Aw chute. I may just do an AD map (because we don't have enough of those yet.) Should I do 2 or 3 points?
You can take ideas from that pl map and remake them in a new vmf. Thats what I'm doing with my pl map Isosceles.
No straight out copying or stealing content from other maps, official or otherwise. This includes maps that you yourself own. Inspiration and ideas are good, just make sure you built it yourself for this competition.

Svode

Take a Chance on Me
aa
Jul 31, 2016
You can take ideas from that pl map and remake them in a new vmf. Thats what I'm doing with my pl map Isosceles.

Meh, the map was soley designed for PL. I may keep the mine theme in the AD, but I'm not too sure.

GooGuGajoob

L12: Pro-crastinator
Mar 28, 2014
Well...do I risk my time for this?

Who's interested in a collaboration?! No way am I going in this alone...I can't take that sort of stress.

Svode

Take a Chance on Me
aa
Jul 31, 2016
Well...do I risk my time for this?

Who's interested in a collaboration?! No way am I going in this alone...I can't take that sort of stress.

I could help if we don't do payload

S

saph

I had a few things I was thinking about, but I guess it's time to actually make something. Gonna try to battle depression with this and hopefully, my interest won't die this time. Good luck everyone!

Hyperion

L16: Grid Member
aa
Jun 8, 2015
No straight out copying or stealing content from other maps, official or otherwise. This includes maps that you yourself own
This rule got added because 7.2 hour contest? I think many people (myself included) premade big part of their map before contest and then remade it

OctoBlitz

Sabotage related, and Tak approved!
aa
Jan 15, 2016
Welp....

Welcome to paradise my friends...

Rytu

L1: Registered
Jul 21, 2016
Can We Make Halloween Maps ? (so that we can also enter the workshop of horrors 2 community effort) (Also, WHOO WEEE here we go again ! Way to break your sleep cycle 2 weeks after class begins again!)

RodionJenga

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 24, 2015
halloween maps count?
Can We Make Halloween Maps ? (so that we can also enter the workshop of horrors 2 community effort)

A halloween theme is fine, as long as it follows the other rules (not unwinnable, no unauthorised point_servercommand s, etc). There shouldn't be any problem entering a map in both, as the workshop of horror ends two months earlier and isn't a contest anyway

EDIT: I got cut off I guess

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2015
Only Eight Million, Three-Hundred and Sixty-Seven Thousand, Four-Hundred Thirty-Eight seconds left! I gotta hurry!

I think everyone on TF2maps.net battle crippling depression.
Well that was tasteless. Yes mate, I'm depressed, not because of my inability to connect with people, or my life circumstances awarding me little personal agency, but because of my choice of hobby

Last edited:

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Halloween maps are perfectly fine however keep in mind the contest lasts for two months after Halloween.