TF2Maps.net Haunted H'ween Map Pack

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
header.png

Go check out the update page!

It's that time of year, all you Ghouls and Goblins! It's Halloween! [Sound of Thunder] And this year, some of us here at TF2Maps.net put together something special for everyone, the first ever TF2 Maps.net Haunted H'ween Map pack! [Sound of a women shrieking] This pack covers almost every gametype, and is sure to put a smile on your face and a few grey hairs on your head.

I'd like to thank everyone involved and who contributed, and a big thanks to everyone who ran the Night of the Living update, for without them, this pack wouldn't have been broadcasted as far as it did (and this pack would've been released about 5 days ago).

Anyways, enjoy the maps, enjoy Halloween and have a good time playing. They will be played for the next couple weeks at this IP 70.42.74.31:27015
**It appears AyesDyef was omitted from the thank-you's on our page. He'll be added, but until then, he'll be thanked here. He did the animations of the haunted tools in backlot!**

If you have any questions/comments/concerns/feedback/rants/etc please leave them here.

How to install the maps
1. Go to "My computer"
2. Double click on your "C: " drive (Also called Local Disk (C:) sometimes)
3. Go to "Program Files" - (if you are on a 64Bit computer, go to Program Files (x86)
4. Open the Steam folder in Program Files.
5. Open the following folders in order:

steamapps - [YOUR STEAM USERNAME] - team fortress 2 - tf - maps

6. Place ALL files in the hweenmaps folder provided in the maps folder you just opened. (this includes 10 .bsp files, and 2 .nav files)

How to install maps onto MacOSX:
Follow this file directory,

users/username/library/applications support/steam/steamapps/steam username/teamfortress 2/tf/maps

or use spot light to find the tf/maps folder.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2010
Excited_basketball_fan.gif

McNuggetFiend

L3: Member
Jun 22, 2009
Excellent job fellas. : ) I will be uploading these all on my server tomorrow night (too busy with a grad-level midterm tonight D:) and will keep it as "The Lunchbox" rotation over the impending Halloween event alongside any potential Valve release map.

Last edited:

Yacan1

D I G I T A L I N F L U E N C E R
aa
Nov 7, 2010
jo5eE.gif

Let's go home boys.

AyesDyef

L2: Junior Member
Jun 12, 2009
**it appears AyesDyef was omitted from the thank-you's on our page. He'll be added, but until then, he'll be thanked here. He did the animations of the haunted tools in backlot!**

Thank meeeeeeee!! :O

replingham153

L1: Registered
Oct 26, 2011
Er, I installed the map pack and put the maps in the folder and yeah but where is it that I play it? Because I can't find anywhere to play them!!!

Is it hidden somewhere?

AyesDyef

L2: Junior Member
Jun 12, 2009
Er, I installed the map pack and put the maps in the folder and yeah but where is it that I play it? Because I can't find anywhere to play them!!!

Is it hidden somewhere?

Try the tf2maps US and EU servers. (Although I think they're only running on the US server atm)

US server:
70.42.74.31:27015

Jan 20, 2010

Is it hidden somewhere?

You have to join a server that is playing them. TF2M's server currently has them on rotation: http://tf2maps.net/index.php?pageid=gameservers Not sure if anyone is playing, though.

Otherwise, you can just run around them on your own using the console. Just type "map cp_maphere_event" into the console (obviously, replace cp_maphere_event with the respective map) and it will spawn you into an empty server that no one can join, but you can make bots if you feel so inclined.

Ezekel

L11: Posh Member
Dec 16, 2008
You have to join a server that is playing them. TF2M's server currently has them on rotation: http://tf2maps.net/index.php?pageid=gameservers Not sure if anyone is playing, though.

Otherwise, you can just run around them on your own using the console. Just type "map cp_maphere_event" into the console (obviously, replace cp_maphere_event with the respective map) and it will spawn you into an empty server that no one can join, but you can make bots if you feel so inclined.

also if the map is vanguard or gothic then you can play with bots by typing "tf_bot_add X" in the console, where X is a number (e.g. 16 would give you 8vs8 bots)

edit:
though the bots can act a lil stupidly when trying to cap E before the bridge is raised in gothic, cos they're not really programmed to understand that water can be dangerous and/or they don't know how to rocketjump

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
I think Valve should just make this whole pack and all of the packs like this, official.

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
I think Valve should just make this whole pack and all of the packs like this, official.

If just ONE map goes official in the next few months because of this pack, I will extremely happy... and my mission, will be accomplished.

Fruity Snacks

aa
Sep 5, 2010
Noooooo

Why was I not told of this pack D:

Oh well, it looks pretty cool anyway. :)

I was being semi-candid with it, and who was a part of it, and I invited a bunch of mappers to modify existing - hella close to being done, maps. It was kinda a closed-room project where you had to speak the password to open (No, not friend).

Last edited:

thekurnuttaja

L1: Registered
Dec 4, 2010
Could someone host at least one European server with the maps? Assuming McNuggets server is US too as he is from the US...