• Other/unusual

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tapp

L10: Glamorous Member
Jan 26, 2009
CP_Resale
Be real easy to make content for that name...maybe even hint at a trading system [joke\].

About that truck...could you elaborate on what you want exactly. Right now, I'm thinking UPS truck.

These are probably the best examples I could find on cooliris. But understandably, more plain and monocoloured.
1 2 3 4 I would recommend using the left4dead van for reference pics.
EDIT: here's some reference pics for you:
truck_references0004.jpg

Last edited:

Tapp

Jan 26, 2009
In yet another horrendous double post and dinosaur bump
Gross1.gif

It is screenshot Saturday!
As so far Zwiffle is the only one who was motivated enough to upload something, and I would like to remind everybody else that we need as much co-ordination as possible between you guys for this because organisation is the difference between a new stock map and
Fail_UCMP.jpg

Zwiffle said:

sniprpenguin

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 14, 2008
I had a layout for the area to which I was assigned done a few weeks ago, but I've been busy with school and the competition. I'll try to upload a scan of the sketch, and then possibly try to work on blocking it out. I can't make any guarantees towards timeliness.

ricardojvc6

Jun 8, 2009
In yet another horrendous double post and dinosaur bump
Gross1.gif

It is screenshot Saturday!
As so far Zwiffle is the only one who was motivated enough to upload something, and I would like to remind everybody else that we need as much co-ordination as possible between you guys for this because organisation is the difference between a new stock map and
Fail_UCMP.jpg

Looks good, is A2? Because i have been busy by school.

Untouch

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 25, 2010
Not sure if I'm too late but......

Untouch
2nd Art Pass
Not much to say, but I'm good at finding and fixing bugs.

ricardojvc6

Jun 8, 2009
Actually the picture on the bottom is of the last community mapping project. see the date. We don't have anything working yet, but the blockers are getting it together.

when my time comes to detail, i will detail so hard. :)

Tapp

Jan 26, 2009
I have recently received zwiffle's vmf of his stage, and it's somewhat finished. I'll refrain from handing it over to the art crew yet, but it's in working order. That means that j4ck8 and sniprpenguin (who I am yet to hear from) need to get working. Another thing to keep in mind is that the swamp will, as per the theme, be generally flooded and muddy wherever possible. As such, try to account for it and don't include large, solid floors.
EDIT: and I have just remembered that j4ck8 has already mentioned that he's been a bit busy and won't be contributing much. Therefore I am passing his job onto anybody who can do it, which will probably be either Steff0o or tovilovan, whoever thinks they will put the most time into it. And nerdboy, if possible I'd like you to try and chase up those 2 as well as sniprpenguin, and see what they've got.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2009
Here we go, got round to doing something.
ucmp_detail01.jpg

here is the the vmf if anyone wants to play with it (I left the leetle engineer's in to give an idea of scale). feel free to warp, extend, copy, cut any parts of it, it is just an example.
NOTE: To see some of the models you will need this.

tovilovan

Jul 23, 2008
I have recently received zwiffle's vmf of his stage, and it's somewhat finished. I'll refrain from handing it over to the art crew yet, but it's in working order. That means that j4ck8 and sniprpenguin (who I am yet to hear from) need to get working. Another thing to keep in mind is that the swamp will, as per the theme, be generally flooded and muddy wherever possible. As such, try to account for it and don't include large, solid floors.
EDIT: and I have just remembered that j4ck8 has already mentioned that he's been a bit busy and won't be contributing much. Therefore I am passing his job onto anybody who can do it, which will probably be either Steff0o or tovilovan, whoever thinks they will put the most time into it. And nerdboy, if possible I'd like you to try and chase up those 2 as well as sniprpenguin, and see what they've got.

I'm up for it :)

sniprpenguin

Mar 14, 2008
Sorry, I'll be dropping out as well. I've got enough going on as it is, and it only seems to grow worse. Good luck.

honorum646

Oct 9, 2009
I could definetly go for Blocker.

I tend to be able to come up with alphas like mad, but never am able to think of any detailing... >.>

:D KoTH seems to be my favourite choice, and I have the same reasons as midget31394.

Edit: I'm going to actually read all of it now...

Edit2: I see that you've got a few blockers, so just tell me what you want me to do, maybe send a PM, I can Optimize, Block and Perhaps do an Art Pass. I'd prefer Stage 3 because I have more experience with indoor areas than outdoor.

Edit3: CP_Deadmire, CP_Bog, CP_Wetlands, CP_Marshlands, CP_Deadwood_Swamp. etc.

Last edited:

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
I'd like to assist, just got done reading most of the thread and this seems interesting.

If there's anything you need, blocking, optimization, art, anything at all I'll help.

Vincent
Blocking
Optimization
Art pass (Just give me an assignment here and I'm on it)

Anything is fine, I'm just looking forward to helping. I have a lot of free time so throw anything at me.

Tapp

Jan 26, 2009
Okay, here's the run-down:
Honorum646 is on blocking round 3
Try to remember what I've specified as the theme, as well as the other advice and links for blockers. You're making the fully industrial section, so focus on a kind-of shipping port/loading dock/warehouse/holding bay/tf2 map kinda theme.
Vincent is on the first art pass
All members please keep me up-to-date on everything. Questions, comments, ideas I want to hear everything about what you're doing.
Mick-a-nator is awesome, thank you for showing so much enthusiasm.
so is Zwiffle

Jakkarra

L4: Comfortable Member
Aug 26, 2009
How often do these community projects run?

I'd like to help next time when i have a couple of maps finished to a good standard, so i can prove my competance.

Tapp

Jan 26, 2009
So I was bypassed? Really up for doing anything, blocking or detailing.

On the contrary, I forgot to mention you because I was so certain that you had the job I assumed you knew. Okay, that excuse made more sense in my head. Anyway, you're on stage 2, which is the transition from swamp to industrial.