TF2M Map pack

Ælement

Comfortably mediocre
aa
Dec 21, 2010
Yeah, I'd be up for creating something for it. I'm currently talking with Hey You about collaborating our next map to fit the theme idea.

edit: I can already picture a really cool website made up for it where it looks like a vacation map overlooking an island chain. Each island/ part of an island can be clicked on to go to a page for that specific map.

...With every island being clickable and lead to a page for the map that takes place on that island?! :D

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
I think that one decently large island is better than a cluster of small ones. It can still be big enough to fit all the maps. The thing with multiple islands is that it as clear a focus as one big one.

Think about how the update page would look like for one vs multiple islands. Which one do you think would be better?

As for the clickable islands idea, there is no reason why that can't be done with a single island instead. I like image maps.

Amidio

L2: Junior Member
Apr 14, 2012
Yeah, I'm leaning towards the big island idea. It seems more cohesive. Also, I don't know how hard it would be to pull off, but imagine being able to see the other maps in your 3d skybox. Like, you're playing on the mountain top map and you can see the coastal town and jungle spytech maps below you. That kind of continuity would be fucking awesome.

Ælement

Comfortably mediocre
aa
Dec 21, 2010
Actually, what kind of island system we want to do is rather irrelevant right now.

I'm thinking that this is something to determine once those who wish to participate have made some functional layouts, because only then will they have the slightest idea what kind of surroundings would be ideal for their maps.

Then, when everyone is kinda sure about what their maps are going to look like, we can discuss the layout of the island system together.

On another note, how do we make sure that we don't end up with like 7 CP maps or something? Should we plan on spreading the maps evenly out over the different gamemodes?

Sergis

L666: ])oo]v[
aa
Jul 22, 2009
Actually, what kind of island system we want to do is rather irrelevant right now.

I'm thinking that this is something to determine once those who wish to participate have made some functional layouts, because only then will they have the slightest idea what kind of surroundings would be ideal for their maps.

Then, when everyone is kinda sure about what their maps are going to look like, we can discuss the layout of the island system together.

On another note, how do we make sure that we don't end up with like 7 CP maps or something? Should we plan on spreading the maps evenly out over the different gamemodes?

it goes both ways - skybox determined might as well have an effect on the layouts :p in any case a big island with a surrounding small island archipelago is just as viable

Just a heads up: stuff is moving forwards on this. Hope to be able to bring you more info in a few days.

goddamn son we're insiders here not outsiders

Fish 2.0

L6: Sharp Member
Nov 22, 2012
Well, I understand I'm a minority here, but the more I read about this theme idea the more I dislike it. And I already disliked it.

That said, I guess I'll wait and see. And hope. And pray.

Saying you don't like it doesn't tell us why we should reconsider and possibly do something better.