TF2 Zoos?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by phantombadger, Feb 2, 2011.

1. phantombadger

phantombadger L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Are there TF2 Zoos for style sets like the swamp pack and the construction pack? or even the most common TF2 Styles for Red and Blu. I know Valve added a few zoos to the l4d map set for content builders, just wondering if anyone has built some, found some, for TF2?

2. jpr

aa jpr

Positive Ratings:
    deja vu

...and now I had another deja vu when I wrote that

3. PL-7764

PL-7764 L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    The swamp zoo and construction zoo are the only ones I know of. A Boojum Snark's Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack includes a library of most of the props in the game, and there are .vmfs out there with pre-made lighting objects (lamps, etc.) and environment settings from the official maps, but other than that I don't think there's anything quite like the L4D stuff.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  4. ricardojvc6

ricardojvc6 L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    what?... I seriously mean what... You want to transform TF2 into jungle juggly funhouse zoo... >_> Also i don't think it would be good idea.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. PL-7764

PL-7764 L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Not even close. :p He's asking about files which are basically libraries of props/prefabs for a certain theme (e.g. swamp) or category (e.g. lights), which are known as "zoos" since they put those map elements on display in a way similar to exhibits in an actual zoo.

6. phantombadger

phantombadger L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Speaking of the Construction pack. I just installed it. and WOW is the CP_entites map ever helpful. It gives you essentially all you need for spawns and caps. And the Ultimate Resource pack is pretty good, I actually skipped over that, and searched Tf2 Zoo and yielded no results, which resulted in this Thread.

Thanx for the help PL-7764.

Actually I think some jungly bits and or levels would be pretty cool, and different. maybe an idea for the next TF2maps Content Pack?

7. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
  8. HellJumper

aa HellJumper

Positive Ratings:
    <---- Sarcasm

<---- :mellow:

9. Seba

aa Seba DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD

Positive Ratings:
    cp_entities.vmf is included with SDK afaik. Also, using A Boojum Snark's gametype library makes setting up maps super easy.