tf2 through alternate drive?

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by takabuschik, Jun 14, 2015.

1. takabuschik

aa takabuschik

Positive Ratings:
    Steam had recently (maybe not so recently, IDK) added the option of installing a game on a different memory disc- meaning that you can store games on d: instead of c: (the main disc), thus saving precious memory. As some of you know, I have a big memory problem, and I'm almost completely out of memory. So when I first saw this option, I was very happy- finally I can put an end to the memory problems, and store games on my alt. drive!
    Problem is, this new feature seems to be broken, most games fail to launch if they are installed on d: instead of c:. (Tested that w/ some games, didn't work.)
    However, one game I did not test, is tf2. (the reason is it weighs too much memory, and to backup all my maps and stuff will take ages--- not worth to try, if at the end I'll have to re-install it back in c:)

Can someone who have already tested it, confirm whether tf2 works on an alt. disc?

2. Izotope

aa Izotope Never releases maps

Positive Ratings:
    TF2 is on my C/ drive while Portal 2 and basically every other game is on my D/ drive and they work perfectly fine.

3. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    I've never had an issue with any game launching from an alternate drive. My steamapps folder is on my E drive and steam is on C and I've not had any issues with TF2 or any other games.

4. Coding Ethan

Coding Ethan L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Steam Icon > Settings > Downloads > [Steam Library Folders] > List of folders.
    If it doesn't display it there then you need to add it as a library folder.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. takabuschik

aa takabuschik

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the info. Seems like my stuff is set up right.
    I still have one little idea for what may be the problem...

EDIT: FIXED!! I was naming a folder in a foreign language, and steam, as expected, didn't like it. I'm really happy right now.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015