tf2 through alternate drive?

Apr 14, 2013
Steam had recently (maybe not so recently, IDK) added the option of installing a game on a different memory disc- meaning that you can store games on d: instead of c: (the main disc), thus saving precious memory. As some of you know, I have a big memory problem, and I'm almost completely out of memory. So when I first saw this option, I was very happy- finally I can put an end to the memory problems, and store games on my alt. drive!
Problem is, this new feature seems to be broken, most games fail to launch if they are installed on d: instead of c:. (Tested that w/ some games, didn't work.)
However, one game I did not test, is tf2. (the reason is it weighs too much memory, and to backup all my maps and stuff will take ages--- not worth to try, if at the end I'll have to re-install it back in c:)

Can someone who have already tested it, confirm whether tf2 works on an alt. disc?

Izotope

Sourcerer
aa
May 13, 2013
TF2 is on my C/ drive while Portal 2 and basically every other game is on my D/ drive and they work perfectly fine.

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
I've never had an issue with any game launching from an alternate drive. My steamapps folder is on my E drive and steam is on C and I've not had any issues with TF2 or any other games.

Coding Ethan

L2: Junior Member
Oct 12, 2014
Steam Icon > Settings > Downloads > [Steam Library Folders] > List of folders.
If it doesn't display it there then you need to add it as a library folder.