1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

TF2 texture file locations...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by blakez, Mar 3, 2009.

1. blakez

blakez L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Where are the tf2 textures at? Can't seem to find them anywhere to load them in valve hammer....

2. Spike

Spike L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    You have to extract them from GCF files. Download GCFSpace program, then go to your steam folder and you will find some files. Open tf2materials.gcf and then search inside, extract them or just open them without extracting

3. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    More importantly, Hammer should find them by default even with them being in the cache, thus: you have Hammer set up wrong somehow.

4. Spike

Spike L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Maybe he just wants to know how textures are done, or modify soe of them

5. blakez

Positive Ratings:
    I just installed valve hammer and opened it from the sdk with TF2 selected but no TF2 textures.... there are hl1 textures loaded though =/

6. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Read, Spike :p

As for the issue at hand, do you mean HL2 textures? It should never have HL1 resources... Are you SURE the TF2 ones aren't there? When you load under the TF2 config it loads all shared materials that a TF2 purchase comes with, try typing "tf" in the keyword box.

7. NovaSilisko

aa NovaSilisko L42: Life, the Universe and Everything

Positive Ratings:

Are you using the hammer for HL1?

8. blakez

Positive Ratings:
    Yes I am sure they are HL1 textures. And yes I am loading under the TF2 config. When I try to uninstall sdk tool to re install nothing happens at all.... :confused:

9. Altaco

Altaco L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    type tf in the filter box.

10. blakez

Positive Ratings:
    finally got it to uninstall so i reinstalled it and still the same problem... and yes I know about putting tf in the filter and there is nothing there when I do that... used to make cs maps and never had a problem with hammer till they put it in with the sdk bullshit