TF2 Tags site needs some testing

Dr. Dos

L1: Registered
Jan 15, 2011
Hey everybody.

Ardysqrrl suggested that I make a post here before somewhere like the Steam forums about my new website which hopefully you'll check out at http://tf2tags.com

The purpose of the site is to share names/descriptions for items and then have users rate them.

I've always been more fond of clever item names than fancy hats and figured it would be neat to have a site to share these. Right now it's a little rough in a few places (namely the random page), but I'd like to get some feedback and see what people think of the concept.

The item creation process is detailed, letting you set names, descriptions, rarity, paint, and particles.

Hopefully it's something that was worthwhile!

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Seems cool, but usually people use tags because they want unique items, sharing your tag makes your item less unique if and when people copy it. Obviously people will see them ingame and could potentially ninja your items name but the chances are fairly slim when compared to visiting a tag database like this.

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
"You'll have to enter a unique name or description to get an item listed."

I tried to add some of my items but it kept saying that over and over again.
Edit: After 12th attempt it accepted my items.

Last edited:

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
I couldn't even find a button to submit on the add items page >.>

Penguin

Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome
aa
May 21, 2009
Yeah Dos it's far from obvious that you have to click the text to change it.

Dr. Dos

Jan 15, 2011
I changed the new item page so it should be more obvious how to actually edit the names and descriptions.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Hi, Dos. I was just about to ask you if the site was finished enough for me to mention here or not.

Jun 19, 2009
I always thought sharing your name with others was a bad idea. I like when I kill people with renamed weapons only for them to say something along the lines of "nice name" or "cleverly thought out".

A name tag should be something you use if you want to give your weapons a unique name. Naming things should be something that you do on your own. If you can't think of a name yourself, it's usually an indication that you shouldn't have had the nametag in the first place.

That's just my opinion, though.

Feb 14, 2008
I don't understand the point... surely the whole point of name/description tags are to customise your weapon to your own personal tastes?

Dr. Dos

Jan 15, 2011
I always thought sharing your name with others was a bad idea. I like when I kill people with renamed weapons only for them to say something along the lines of "nice name" or "cleverly thought out".

A name tag should be something you use if you want to give your weapons a unique name. Naming things should be something that you do on your own. If you can't think of a name yourself, it's usually an indication that you shouldn't have had the nametag in the first place.

That's just my opinion, though.

I see where you're coming from with this. The way I see it though is that I can come up with a lot more ideas for names than the number of tags that I'll actually manage to get. Also it gives a chance to see what other people did come up with just to enjoy yourself, not necessarily to then take for your own items.

Whoever it was that came up with the salmon painted Max head named "Salmon Max" is the best.

And the submit button is now visible in Chrome

Last edited:

Wilson

Boomer by Sleep
aa
May 4, 2010
That was me, you simply click the name you want and then quickly the object that you want to be as icon, should be fairly easy to fix.