TF2 player count

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Zoyx, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Zoyx

Zoyx L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I am looking at gamespy's stats, and their player count for TF2 is wrong. Is there a more reliable online source for player count?

2. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
  3. Zoyx

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks, some good info there. It would be nice if there were specific graphs for games.

A guy I know is making the argument that TF2 is a dieing game. He is using this site to back up his argument. That site is using gamespy for its graphs.

Right now gamespy says that there are 1483 playing TF2. I'm thinking that number is closer to 5000. Why would Gamespy be reporting an incorrect number? Is it because it isn't seeing "custom" servers?

4. FernFerret

FernFerret L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
  5. Zoyx

Positive Ratings:
  6. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    just because its got TF2 higher up the list doesnt make it more accurate :facepalm:

Some people are so naive when it comes to statistics :p I was pretty sure there was a steam page that listed all their games and that month's play time in hours or something that....

7. Snipergen

Snipergen L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    Don't worry, I just played UT3 and there are 40 people playing it.

8. Zoyx

Positive Ratings:
    Oh, there are more than that playing UT3. Let's keep the exaggerations to a miniumum. But yeah, UT3 was a disappointment. Might as well keep playing UT99 and UT2004. Maybe if they make UT4 cartoony, they'll get the players back. :p

9. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    I completely missed UT3 I was quite dissapointed as I've been wanting an introduction to UT for ages and ages, I guess I'll wait for UT4 now

10. phatal

phatal L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    UT has failed with every new version. It's sad too because UT99 is probably my favorite game of all time. :(

11. Spike

Spike L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    How many servers do you find with the 3 filters activated on TF2?