TF2 "Masters of Classes" - by TF2 Stadium

Discussion in 'Featured News' started by Fr0Z3nR, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]
    Official teamfortress.tv forum thread

Mark your calendars for November 14th, 2015 for it is the day of the largest, most diverse learning Event in the history of Team Fortress 2.
    TF2Stadium is proud to present: The "Masters of Classes" day of TF2 masterclasses. One morning a few weeks ago, BUICK, samiface, ScottJAw, and I were hanging out in a mumble casually discussing ways we could benefit the community and bring different aspects of TF2 together. After about an hour of conversation, the ideas for the "Masters of Classes" event—a name I'm a little bit too proud of—began developing into an actual plan. Here was a way to reach new players who were struggling to get more out of the game. A few weeks and many man (and woman) hours later, here we are! Just a couple weeks from now, we will be hosting the largest learning event in TF2 history.

Here's a list of the classes we will be offering:

*These classes will be streamed on http://twitch.tv/teamfortresstv

Follow TF2Stadium on twitter for updates on both this event and our up-and-coming, open source lobby website!http://twitter.com/TF2Stadium

• Thanks Thanks x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. MegapiemanPHD

aa MegapiemanPHD Doctorate in Deliciousness

Positive Ratings:
    Will these also be saved and uploaded to something like YouTube?

3. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Sounds like it will all be uploaded to tf2stadium's YouTube channel.

Also hope some of you mapping nerds sign up for my class! Hoping to get to answer some interesting questions!

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  4. SC PL

aa SC PL local shitposter

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. about drew

about drew L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
  6. Zed

aa Zed Certified Most Crunk™

Positive Ratings:
    I really should get a microphone sometime.

7. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Can I ask you like, REALLY hard questions?

8. Pawlakov

Pawlakov L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'd like to watch that but my timezone hates me
    Crash, have ever thought about moving to Europe? Even for one day? What about November 14th?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
  9. zahndah

aa zahndah professional letter

Positive Ratings:
    So... What does signing up for a class acctually do? On the website it says you can reserve your slot in classes now, but what are the classes? are they just streams or tf2 games or what?

10. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    You'll be a mumble channel with me, able to ask questions. That whole thing will be recorded and uploaded to their YouTube channel later, and it will potentially be streamed live.

11. NoirSuede

NoirSuede L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Crash i'd love to join, but the fact that the class is at 6.00 AM on my time (GMT+7), i dunno, maybe i should back out ?

12. Tumbolisu

aa Tumbolisu  I ⌄ I 

Positive Ratings:
    And nothing about modelling or texturing?
    This is fine.

13. Anreol

Anreol L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    So no microphone, no class?
    Or can be done with text?

14. UKCS-Alias

aa UKCS-Alias Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?

Positive Ratings:
    Im most worried about the mvm class. It might be heavily based on valve mvm which is in the current state far too easy. 200 tours of 2cities isnt any indication of being good and 60 tours on expert isnt impressive aswel. If he does play custom mvm then obviously it can be helpful. But im afraid his lessons are often going to collide with this guide:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=289059169
    And then there is the important part of mvm stuff that is broken in balance which for example includes: beggars bazooka, explosive headshot, medic shield.
    (beggars because of the insane dps burst, explosive headshot because of being extremely reliable in medic killing and slowing down giants, medic shield in 2cities style waves which only focus on projectile spam)

Not only that, but in mvm you still need to have a specific guide for each class to be effective. Half of the decent mvm players cant even handle 5+ classes. And only to be realy effective you need to know the details of the class.

And last, i some doubt that mapping wise the guide isnt realy going to help alot. And probably also not help at making popfiles. But then again, thats not the aim of the class. And in the end, if you cant play mvm decently, then at mapping you probably will face some issues.

15. Fantasma

aa Fantasma

Positive Ratings:
    Crash, if I pay for a Bob Ross costume, will you promise to stream with it?

16. MoonFox

MoonFox L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    this is why I love this game, and the mappers... such fascinating ideas and what is and will. 3 map updates in a row all made by community. this is my kind of jam.

17. UKCS-Alias

aa UKCS-Alias Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?

Positive Ratings:
    Not only that, these classes still help people at getting a perspective that is purely player based. Where my statement above was sceptic about the mvm part, it still is better than no class at all. In the end most newbies get tought to fully learn the meta way, which in the end is far from the most effective.
    (and mvm actualy would require both mapping and popfile making on that part which are 2 entirely seperate skills)

18. Kraken

Kraken Few more zeros and ones for the site to proccess

Positive Ratings:
    Are we gonna have to use a mic?

19. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    You will be able to ask me questions via text if that's preferred. Still working out exactly how it'll work, honestly.

Also, looks like my class is full and into the waiting list! Oh god!

20. Turnip

aa Turnip The 80s Vegetable

Positive Ratings:
    I reserved an early place :D
    Cant wait to hear crashs crash stories to better my mapping skills.