TF2 Halloween?

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by Shadow Scythe, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Shadow Scythe

Shadow Scythe L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Okay guys so I was trying to think of what I wanted to be for halloween this year (Yeah, so I'm 15 years old, but that's okay.) The first thing that came to mind was a TF2 class. I couldn't decide which one, however. Also, coming up with the costume itself may present a problem. Thoughts or help or such?

EDIT: Oh, maybe this topic is in the wrong forum. Hmm. Not sure where it should go, though.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  2. Dox

Dox L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
  3. FaTony

FaTony Banned

Positive Ratings:
    Ummm looks like u haven't read what some game developers were doing in the past Halloween.

4. Shadow Scythe

Positive Ratings:
    Oh, okay. Well... if I can move the topic, I don't know how. Probably it's restricted to mods and whatnot. But on subject, I'm going to say that I look like, uh... mm, I want to say pyro, but if I wanted to wear it to school they wouldn't let me use the mask and that would ruin everything. Then again, I'm not even sure if high school allows costumes on Halloween anyway.

On the other hand, I'd be able to go all like "Mrrrmgh brrrh!" at people all the time until they got super-frustrated at me. However, I'd say I'm going to go ahead and choose soldier or engineer instead.

Note that I am a sophomore with limited money and time.

5. stubby

stubby L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    i also want to do this. i even went into hammer and measured the minigun.

its really 5.5 feet long :eek:

6. TheDarkerSideofYourShadow

TheDarkerSideofYourShadow L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Engy would be easy, and scout would be good too. Just need a shirt, hat, and baggy pants. Not sure you could get away with a baseball bat at school though.

7. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Or sniper, but it's not really the most defined class of TF2.

I'd love to be the demo man personally but i'm not black and have a crap fake scottish accent. Pyro would be awesome but probably the most awkward in getting an accurate suit and mask. I'd love to weild a minigun but alas i am not fat either. Medic is boring, though weilding a bonesaw may pose it's amusement.

I've always said to my friends we should go clubbing once as TF2 classes but most of them wear hats or masks that arn't allowed in clubs for security reasons. Very much items that define the individual classes. A shame.

8. Snipergen

Snipergen L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    You should go dressed as the sandvich.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  9. Cerulean

Cerulean L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. grazr

Positive Ratings:
    Wondering why that medic has a chainsaw..

11. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Nah I think this is related to TF2 enough to just about get away without being moved :p

Start early, decide on a class and don't change your mind, collect all sorts of bits and bobs, go to DIY stores and buy cheap stuff from there to build the weapons with, most importantly take your time over it, a rushed job will suck.

12. Sgt Frag

Sgt Frag L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hah, lve that spy with the Heavy Mask! Funny that it's a side view of the Heavy's face

13. Cerulean

Cerulean L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    You know, everyone in that picture might just be a disguised enemy spy. Don't turn your back!

"I wasn't really on your side"

14. Zmathue

Zmathue L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    You should go as a spy al you need is a suit, a sheet of paper, and a watch.

Maybe you can carry a box around filled with different faces and change when people aren't looking.

15. Nineaxis

aa Nineaxis Quack Doctor

Positive Ratings:
    Or a butterfly knife, if you are in the mood to be arrested.

16. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    best to go as pyro then, a flamethrower and fireaxe certainly won't get you arrested.

:p

17. Shadow Scythe

Positive Ratings:
    That is some insight that I cannot ignore. Well, what classes are most distinctive without the weapons? I'm still swaying towards engineer or soldier. Which do you guys think would be easier or more awesome to do?

Oh, and I'd probably be okay with carrying around a tool box. Even if it doesn't open up and reveal a self-assembling teleporter or something, or even manually assembled by stretching stuff out and winding stuff around. Although that would be like the most awesome thing ever. :drool1:

18. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Can't go far wrong with a toolbox and a wrench, dungarees and a hardhat wont cost much either if you haven't already got some available.

19. grazr

Positive Ratings:
    fire axe with barbed wire wrapped around it :drool1:

20. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    yeah thats a nice and easy one to make..