TF2 Halloween Special

Discussion in 'Featured News' started by Engineer, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Engineer

aa Engineer

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

http://www.teamfortress.com/pumpkinpatch/

Hidden Page #1

Welcome, if you dare, to the first ever Team Fortress Haunted Halloween Special! Five new update-specific achievements will unlock the Mildly Disturbing Halloween Hats—moldering, eldritch veils of such manifold depravity, the human eye will not process the sheer enormity of their malevolence, and out of self-preservation will merely show you paper bags with faces on them. These faces are still moderately scary, though, so brace yourselves for mild terror! [sound of bat wings]

Right now you’re doubtlessly thinking, “Please, Team Fortress, stop scaring me!” Okay, we’ll stop righhhhhht … [sound of a skeleton] Ha ha! The scaring will continue! Prepare yourself for a new KOTH map called Harvest—created by Sean "Heyo" Cutino, crammed to bursting with horror by us, and LOOK OUT DRACULA IS BEHIND YOU! [sound of a creaking door] Ha ha ha! If you scare that easily, this map will kill you.

Our legal department tells us we can’t mention this next horrifying feature, because someone read it and got so scared we got in trouble! The entire TF2 team has to go to sensitivity training now because we inadvertently created such a scary work environment. So rest easy, we promise to stop scaring you… right after we ignore our lawyers and tell you about the ghost haunting the Harvest map! [sound of a wolf] That’s right! The restless spirit of Zepheniah Mann will scare senseless any player unlucky enough to cross his spectral path, rendering them temporarily helpless with fear!

There are also pumpkins! That might not sound very scary initially, but get this: they explode! Most terrifying of all, the mangled corpses of the recently deceased will plague the living… with candy! MWAHAHAHAHA! In retrospect we should have put this stuff in the middle and ended with the ghost.

Enjoy the update… if you dare! [sound of reading the name on a tombstone, and oh my god it’s YOURS]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  2. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Stop posting TF2 news, please contact one of the site staff so they can put it in the correct place, wait 5 minutes and I'll have a thread up.

3. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    nah its fine. i moved it to featured and added an attachment.

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  4. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    I'm trying to get people to stop making duplicate threads. If people think its ok to post about it because it will get moved, you're gunna get duplicates, if everyone knows that the staff deal with news posts, no one posts about news and we get no duplicates.

5. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    merge is a wonderful thing.
    usually 2,000 members are faster than 8 staff members.

• Thanks Thanks x 4
  6. eerieone

aa eerieone

Positive Ratings:
    The Achievements:

Candy Coroner
    Ghastly Gibus Grab
    Scared Stiff
    Attack O' Lantern
    Costume Contest

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  7. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    nice

8. jpr

aa jpr

Positive Ratings:
    never mind, didn't read the post well enough

9. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    I think I was more excited than scared.

And TF2's on a MASSIVE discount session for a short time, pick up an extra copy for £2.49/$2.49!

10. eerieone

aa eerieone

Positive Ratings:
    I purchased a version for a friend, can´t miss that chance :)

11. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    i was going to purchase a copy to hold on to for later issue to a friend or something, but it says i needed to issue it right there and then.

12. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, I saw that too. It sucks.

Yet you can buy the Left 4 Dead (1 or 2) 4 pack and hold onto them for gifts, bah.

13. Engineer

aa Engineer

Positive Ratings:
    If you want to get the Ghastly Gibus, press on the heavy's hat. But hurry the hats are limited.
    [​IMG]
    Got it! :)

14. Loc_n_lol

Loc_n_lol L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    *sigh*

clicky
    clicky2

Apparently clicking the button was not enough, nothing happened.

So close. :(

15. Engineer

aa Engineer

Positive Ratings:
    I waited like 3 minutes, before i got mine :)

16. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    I clicked the button, the browser started loading something then nothing happened. I've been trying it for about 25 minutes with no success.

17. Loc_n_lol

Loc_n_lol L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Nah they're gone now, I did this a good 5 to 10 minutes before I posted but didn't receive anything.

18. Engineer

aa Engineer

Positive Ratings:
    Wait, did the scout have any items? :O

19. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    anyone get one and will let me dominate them? ill risk my job and get in the tf2 server right now :O

20. Engineer

aa Engineer

Positive Ratings:
    I dont think that they are available till the update. But sure drpepper, anything for you :D