tf2/func_door delay time

sivartz

L1: Registered
Aug 27, 2012
Im creating a glass floor with a kill trigger underneath. the glass floor is func_door. when someone steps on it I want it to delay opening for 3 minutes then open.
im editing a map to add a spycrab area for 1 on 1 spycrabbing. I want them to be able to enter the room and when they step on the floor it locks the entry door and also triggers the func_door glass floor.they will have 3 minutes to do a best of 3 spycrab.after that time the floor slides away and slays them.opening the main entrance letting two more people in.My issue is that I cant get the floor to slide open on a delay. I did OnStartTouchAll open with a delay but it never opens.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
On a trigger brush above the floor, do a OnStartTouchAll enabling a logic_timer with 3 minutes on the refire interval. Have it output OnTimer to the door to open it. Make sure the timer is set to be disabled at the start.

If you want it to be repeatable without the map restarting, have it disable itself on the timer as well. You might also want to have the trigger disable itself so it doesn't get reactivated at the wrong time, but enabled again after you're sure everyone will be out of the way of it, but before anyone else would be getting on.

Hope that all makes sense...

Last edited: