L2: Junior Member
Dec 6, 2009
TF2 File Cabinet (Fulfilled)

Request Closed, fulfilled by Rexy.

Go here for the prop: http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=12225

attachment.php

=====================

Hello.

I am surprised no one has ever thought of a file cabinet for maps in TF2. With all the bases and intels and such. In my map Silo C, I got a few offices players can go into. I want to place some file cabinets inside the offices, but all I got to work with is the HL2 prop, models/props_wasteland/controlroom_filecabinet002a.mdl. Besides it being a HL2 prop, it is also a prop_physics.

I am requesting a file cabinet that can be used in TF2 maps. Ideally a cabinet that would fit into any map so others can use it. One could just take the HL2 prop model data and retexture it. Ideally a custom model could have textures of red, blue and grey to fit the look of the bases.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Cynick

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 7, 2010
Alright...I tried this, and it didn't come out as good as I expected...it's a simple reskin with a few filters applied to the textures to try to bring it into the tf2 style...but it still looks kinda Hl2-ish.
filecabinets.png

If you want it, lemme know and I'll upload it...if you don't, I don't blame you :p.

Cynick

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 7, 2010
Apologies, I completely forgot about this. I've had very little time this week and I completely forgot. Anyway, I tried the tutorial today, but unfortunately I don't have photoshop and so when I tried it in PDN, it came out even worse. :( Probably should get someone who knows more about this stuff, I'm about out of ideas. Anyone else wanna try?

filecabinets2.png

Swiftmind

L2: Junior Member
Dec 6, 2009
Apologies, I completely forgot about this. I've had very little time this week and I completely forgot. Anyway, I tried the tutorial today, but unfortunately I don't have photoshop and so when I tried it in PDN, it came out even worse. :( Probably should get someone who knows more about this stuff, I'm about out of ideas. Anyone else wanna try?

Haha. That is alright. I know we all got other things to do. Hmmm kind of looks like it was made with watercolors hehe. Maybe if the blur was less then the write up says it may look better...eh. Thanks for the try!

If nothing else comes forth from others ill take the orginal prop with the three skins you made.

Thanks Rexy!