Tf2 custom particles editor palette mesed up!

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Grubzer, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Grubzer

Grubzer L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    When i'm launching my tf2 particle editor (tf2 with -tools argument) sometimes particle color palette messes up.
    It shows something like this:
    [​IMG]
    But particle color varies from some kind of blue to red. Am i doing something wrong?

2. Tacoman_

Tacoman_ L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    There are 2 color inputs for particles. The particles will be a random shade of color between both of those colors. Set both of them to the color you want so that all the particles show up as the said color.

The 2 inputs are located here:

Initiliazers
    - Color Random
    * color1
    * color2​

3. Grubzer

Positive Ratings:
    even that color palette messed up! I am selecting yellow, but particle color is red!

4. Tacoman_

Tacoman_ L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    You could try typing in the RGB value. I cant see a reason as to why the particle editor will always input red.

5. Exactol

aa Exactol Certified Hammer Hacker

Positive Ratings:
    Sometimes the color picker just glitches out and it happens. Sometimes the color picker will appear as a black and pink square too. I think restarting it fixes it? You also can just try to guess where the color is and look in the color preview window, which is what I do because I'm lazy

6. Grubzer

Positive Ratings:
    I found solution. In properties tab colir parameter is messed up. I will use color random instead.

And also, what happend to tf2maps.net at 2 a.m New York? Is it offline just for me?

7. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    The servers were on fire. Almost. So much stuff got uploaded at once it overloaded everything and then crapped the bed for 9 hours straight. But it's back now.

8. Grubzer

Positive Ratings:
    Is it because of 72hr contest?

9. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    Most likely.