TF2 crashes when joining Blu team

TheStrplum213

L1: Registered
Aug 19, 2018
Hello,
I just started mapping and followed UEAKCrash's tutorials. I started the KOTH/Arena episode. I followed very carefully, so I don't make mistakes. When I finished the tutorial, everything worked, except for the fact that my game crashes when I (or a bot) tries to join BLU team. I went into the console, looked for errors, nothing. I also tried to find compiler errors, still nothing. I double checked everything on the map, yet I still couldn't find the problem. So I thought the would be the appropriate place to ask for help.
I have included a .zip file with everything relating to the map. I am still new to this, so cut me some slack :p
Thank you,
TheStrplum213

Attachments

• KOTH map.zip
    121.9 KB · Views: 153

Destskelen

Jul 30, 2018
I checked your map and it works. No mistakes.
upload_2018-8-23_16-51-25.png
upload_2018-8-23_16-51-41.png
upload_2018-8-23_16-52-26.png

So I can not help. Maybe you will be helped by more experienced masters

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
If Dest can join Blu on your map, then that points to a problem with your client rather than the map itself. Try loading up a Valve map. Do you have trouble joining either team?

Flareblood

Apr 2, 2017
I took a look at the map's files in the ZIP folder.

You have at least one leak in the map. You set the ceiling in BLU spawn to be func_detail, which does not block out the world. I've never seen a leak make joining a team crash, but I imagine it's a very likely cause, especially since I can't see anything else wrong with the map.

Try removing the ceiling in BLU spawn and adding it back without making it func_detail.

TheStrplum213

Aug 19, 2018
Alright, thanks for your guys' help, I'll try testing my game for crashes, and re-add the ceiling in BLU spawn