TF2 Classic: Seeking map devs

Discussion in 'Games Talk' started by Berry, May 7, 2015.

1. Berry

aa Berry Sharing is caring, and I don't care

Positive Ratings:
    Hello, I'm posting here to say the community mod Team Fortress 2 Classic is looking for new mapping developers, and of course with TF2Maps being the largest TF2 mapping community it is the first place we look. We're looking for experienced mappers who know what they're doing with maps and can be able to give insightful feedback to the rest of the devs as well as produce good maps for the mod (we're looking at around CP Gorge level, but it's a case-by-case basis).

If you're interested, just reply here. It'd help to include a steam profile link, and some links to some of your work.

More info on TF2 Classic:
    Facepunch thread
    Forum
    Blog

2. Moonrat

aa Moonrat The end of an era

Positive Ratings:
    I've already made a post in the Show Us What you Got place, so you could possibly look at that.

3. HQDefault

HQDefault L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    I have no idea if I'm good enough for this :lol:

I could make a map, just to show what I'm capable of, and if it ain't up to snuff, I'll be passed off.
    I guess.

4. PyroDevil

PyroDevil L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Ok, I'm game. Not really sure if my maps are up to par, but I'll take a shot. Maps of mine that I am the most proud of as of right now are probably anchor and bayside. I wanted to port anchor to TF2C, but until payload is added, I can't. I have also been planning a gorge style a/d map to release for the mod. While I may not be the best mapper, I can usually understand the problem a map has and offer useful feedback.

Steam Profile:PyroDevil

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  5. HQDefault

Positive Ratings:
    Problem:
    There's no hammer file in TF2C :/

6. killohurtz

aa killohurtz Distinction in Applied Carving

Positive Ratings:
  7. HQDefault

Positive Ratings:
    So... I had an idea...
    It may seem pretty stupid, but I thought it'd be fun

Take payload upward

Remake it from scratch with Team Fortress Classic's design theory
    Put it back together again with TF2's design theory.

I know payload doesn't exist in TF2C yet, so it may end up getting ported to a/d cp, but then again it would be hard to make a pl map with TFC's design theory. So, yeah.

8. Ynders

aa Ynders absolutely gormful

Positive Ratings:
    I'd love to help out with this. I may not be the best or most experienced mapper, but I'd like to say I'm at least competent. The only map I've made that's really worth mentioning is Rift. A completely accurate port of this map will probably not be possible, as the current capping system uses an entity I don't believe was added until somewhat recently. As for helping others out with their mapping projects, I can't really vouch for myself here, but I think I do a pretty good job of giving constructive feedback.

Here's my steam account, if need be.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
  9. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
    Made an intro post on the forums. I can map fine and am more motivated to finish one for something unique like this since there's a higher chance it'll be played and get recognition. Am very interested in helping out refine the other parts of game design too though

I like how certain parts of game modes we'll have the potential to fix that mapping for TF2 alone cannot, like improvements to the CTF mode. It'll require a bit more outside the box thinking for new/tweaked modes which I think I've always been good at

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. wareya

wareya L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    rip off GG2 CTF

low lethality, flatter mobility scale, no pickups, weaker sentries/stickies, different flag mechanics

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. HQDefault

Positive Ratings:
    You know,

I've been pretty obsessed with finding out as much as I can about the old Team Fortress mod from Quake... I thought it would be cool idea to recreate that in source, because... reasons.

But, meh. That's an idea to save for another time. Another day.

12. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    You mean like Fortress Forever?

Also not really sure what that has to do with the thread

13. HQDefault

Positive Ratings:
    I had some relevancy in my head at the time. Not sure where it is now.

(Also, I meant all the mercenaries actually look the same as they did in quake)

14. 404UserNotFound

404UserNotFound No longer a "TF2 Beta/Cut Content Historian".

Positive Ratings:
    Might want to update those links.