TF2 Bots

Another Bad Pun

In the shadows, he saw four eyes lit by fire
aa
Jan 15, 2011
To quickly test my map, I use bots.
But they don't behave like in Dustbowl and in the other a/d maps i've played. During setup, the only classes thatcme out of spawn are the engineer and sniper. Once setup is over, most of the other classes will come out. But when the other classes die, they respawn and won't come out until blue starts capturing a control point. Then they all come out andjust stand and build sentries on the next control point. They don't push back, they don't wait or you at the gates, and they just stand and circle around the control point when they are active.
To get them to work, I type in sv_cheats 1 in the console and then nav_generate and it does all of that normally. What I would like to know is if there is some way to get them to behave like normal. Are there entities I can use like nodes in hl2?

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
TF2 bots only work properly in KotH and on Dustbowl. Use real players to test maps, bots are only useful for finding sightlines.

Motanum

L2: Junior Member
Jan 30, 2011
Plus, bots cant double jump or rocket jump.

But what is worse, they do not spray or shout on mic. Bots can be so unrealistic. :p

I started with koth maps, so I could playtest with bots, and its fun, but they are fairly stupid and easy to kill.