TF2 Blog - "Now that's what I'm talking about!"

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by Nineaxis, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Nineaxis

aa Nineaxis Quack Doctor

Positive Ratings:
    http://tf2.com/post.php?id=2193

• Thanks Thanks x 6
  2. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    I've wondered about the muzzleflash myself, I loved the old one. This doesn't satisfy me though... if it's asked about enough for it to go into this "FAQ" blogpost, clearly people like it, and they need to return it as a default-off option.

3. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    They also added a cool Movies page.

http://tf2.com/movies.htm

4. TMP

aa TMP Abuser of Site Rules

Positive Ratings:
    Eee natasha buff :d

5. AWESOME-O

AWESOME-O L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    wow, thats pretty lame that natascha bug, because i always used natascha on defense.

6. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    a fix isnt a buff. Its made me a little happier since I've started trying out heavy again these last few days.
    And ths scout pack is at least a week away... as I suspected. These things always seem to be "more than a week away" even when they're set for tomorrow!

7. Keirebu

Keirebu L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Seems like it time for me to warm up my Pyro skill's with the unstoppable future influx in scouts for the next month.

8. Nineaxis

aa Nineaxis Quack Doctor

Positive Ratings:
    I can't seem to light scouts on fire recently. :(

And, OH NOES, official backstory!

9. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    I am NOT looking forward to the Scout update. That is unless they give us some kind of awesome new map or a new Meet The Team video.

10. eerieone

aa eerieone

Positive Ratings:
    I´m not that excited about the scout update, but hey, we´ll see, maybe the new weapons get me to play him more. I hate not being able to help against sentries on goldrush or badwater and having to lay back until the big guys clear the area. he´s great on well-ish map though
    the new map is the thing i´m most happy about, one thing more youme can analyze :D

11. HeaH

HeaH L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm excited about the Scout update.

12. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    Have they ever talked about releasing a new map with the new update, though? Of course I'm hoping they do, and it's entirely realistic, bit I haven't heard a word about it. :/

I bet they'll have an update site out on Monday, à la the Heavy update, and then slowly reveal stuff and release the update next Friday.

13. HeaH

Positive Ratings:
    Theres that Escapist interview. No, they didn't say "for the scout update" but I guess we'll get one :)

14. Randdalf

aa Randdalf

Positive Ratings:
    They won't release on Friday, a server admin pointed out that traffic is at its highest at the weekend (inc. friday), meaning the updtae would take longer to download and also stress out the steam servers.

15. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    I highly suspect that we'll get several new maps with the update(they've mentioned at least one new payload map as well as a new gamemode, and then there is the new custom maps they've promised for every update), as well as a meet the... video. Its just been so long since any real new content they can't have nothing but scout stuff for us...

They did actually promise new community maps and (I think) new maps from them to "keep everyone happy" with each update so I'm sure it wont be all that bad.

16. HeaH

Positive Ratings:
    So, who knows what community map it'll be? Because this is the mapping community, someone must know something :)

17. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    I'm pretty sure part of the agreement is not to leak any information if you are the author of the community map.

Look at fishbus, for the longest time cp_steel remained 'unfinished' and he had to keep quiet about it. Probably why he used the excuse "Bored of steel. Went to make Freight."

18. Zeewier

Zeewier L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    That is why youme knows there will be a new community map ;)

19. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    I may be getting emails from one of the valve mappers on a semi-regular basis but he hasn't divulged any information on upcoming custom maps. I think their new maps is a far more exciting idea, since we've probably played any custom map they're likely to pick (being a group of people interested in custom content an alll) and we've not yet played their one.

20. Ceiling Man

Ceiling Man L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the heads-up. :thumbup:

I can't wait for the Scout update, I wonder who's next? (Betting on Engineer)