TF2 and Ending the Round...

TZK203

L1: Registered
Dec 28, 2012
So, in my ZF Map, I want it so that at the end of the round, if any RED team members are alive, they win the round--and if BLU kills all of them, the BLU guys win.

And after that, I want the round to reset. How do I do that?

Please, list the properties of the various entities needed to do this. :laugh:

Wander

L3: Member
Sep 16, 2010
The ZF mod takes care of blue winning when all reds are dead, there's nothing you need to do for that
In order for red to win when time runs out, go to your team_round_timer, add an output OnFinished targetted at your game_round_win entity with parameter RoundWin
Make sure your game_round_win entity has the team property set to red

The round should then reset automatically

TZK203

L1: Registered
Dec 28, 2012
The ZF mod takes care of blue winning when all reds are dead, there's nothing you need to do for that
In order for red to win when time runs out, go to your team_round_timer, add an output OnFinished targetted at your game_round_win entity with parameter RoundWin
Make sure your game_round_win entity has the team property set to red

The round should then reset automatically

Thank you!

One last thing: How would I set a text such as this on round start to be different:

http://img.imgcake.com/WVI/koth_2fort_b1_final_note.jpg

In other words, I want to change what it says completely. HOWEVER, it'll be different for both RED and BLU.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Has your map had the same filename for a long period of testing? Those messages are only displayed the first 50 (I think it was 50) times you load/play the map. So as the mapper who loads the map repeatedly to check stuff during development you'll stop seeing them. If you want to check the messages you'll either need to change the filename or you can manually lower the load count for your map, which is stored in tf\media\viewed.res