texture shift keeps resetting

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by bob+M|M+, Jun 7, 2008.

1. bob+M|M+

bob+M|M+ L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    has anyone had this problem before? I'm trying to use the hydro cheap water, but the red line keeps getting in the way. so I shift the texture to fix it, save it, close it, but when I open the file again the red line is back and my previous texture shift is ignored.

[​IMG]

2. bob+M|M+

Positive Ratings:
    even after compiling with no red line in hammer, it still shows up in game ~_~

3. bob+M|M+

Positive Ratings:
    *bump* anyone have any ideas? I'll be releasing this map on Saturday. It's not a detail-heavy map, so it wouldn't be a big deal... but still, it would be nice to have a clear blue : ]

4. R3dRuM

R3dRuM L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Don't really think people care about texture alignment in gimmick maps like jump maps.

Anyway, click your first texture, then alt+click the next with it still highlighted

5. S.E.A.L.#555

S.E.A.L.#555 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I finally figured out what the problem is with this.

I don't know WHY, but the axis lines across the map along X and Y, at (0,Y) and (X,0), are the regions where the problems lie.

For some reason, the texture water_hydro_cheap, draws red bands along these axes.

If you select your ENTIRE MAP and move it to a place such that your water does not cross these axes, your problem will disappear.

Strange, but at least it's a workaround solution.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  6. bob+M|M+

Positive Ratings: