Texture Problem

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by TMB, Feb 7, 2016.

1. TMB

TMB Banned

Positive Ratings:

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      942 KB
      Views:
  2. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
    Is this texture related with the texture shown on your screenshot? O-o And what is supposed to be wrong with the texture? Seems to work perfeclty fine. You just placed it somewhere where it's ugly :p

3. Turnip

aa Turnip The 80s Vegetable

Positive Ratings:
    Actually the texture you have selected is an overlay texture, you would put it on top of the texture in the background using the :overlaytool:

4. TMB

TMB Banned

Positive Ratings:
    i know all that and the texture is wrong, i dont place bad the texture the texture is wrong, the name of the texture is concrete/wall_011, you can go to hammer and see the texture its not same that i have... -.-

5. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    Some textures indeed have wrong thumbnails compared to what they actually are. That's just a bug that happens. And what Dave said, you're trying to put an overlay as a base texture, which might also explain the wrong texture preview. Search for another concrete material, there's plenty of them to choose from.

6. Geit

aa Geit 💜 I probably broke it 💜

Positive Ratings:
    There's a conflicting texture in the SFM Beta Pack (@HolySnickerPuffs ) that overwrites the default one included with the game - @TMB Navigate to <SFMBeta Install Path>/materials/concrete and delete wall011.vtf

7. TMB

TMB Banned

Positive Ratings:
    Oh, thank you... but i cant see logo_red_white yet...

8. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Are there any other conflicts like this I should know about before installing this pack?

9. Hyperion

aa Hyperion L16: Grid Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'd like to know if you can ever compile hydro :p