Texture Not Showing Up

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!
Oct 6, 2008
I hate these type of things when they happen becuase they shouldn't be happening!!!:cursing:

I have a test map with a custom sky texture. I'm doing a facing worlds type of thing - works absolutely fantastic.

I do the exact same thing in my real map and nada - the texture is black on the up tile.

if I go back to my test map I can apply the up tile onto any and bang the texture is there space nebula and all!

But in my main map - nope - I put it on anything and I just get a black square. Any ideas of what's going on?

Here's the nebula working on the test map:
lh_domekytest00001.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2008
solved - the image became corrupt - recreating it fixed the issue

Oct 6, 2008
Ok - issue not solved - when I said it was solved, it was. After the rebuild of the original texture, I got the texture showing up back in hammer. Then I compiled, went back in game and the textures (all of my skybox ones) seem or look like they have become corrupt - no textures, black or lined spaces.

Is there anything happening during the compile process that's causing the corruption of the texture files? It's my first attempt at using a custom skybox.

Oct 6, 2008
Thanks for the info - I'll redo the orginal textures and rebuild my skybox ones and then make a 2nd set for a regular type of texture to get my rotating skybox (a func_brush) and see if that does the trick :)

Oct 6, 2008
solved - I made a secondary texture as a regular texture and attched that to my moving brush - works great