Texture Issues

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Moggie100, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Moggie100

Moggie100 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hi!

Sorry if this has an obvious solution, but I've done a lot of searching and still cant find any mention of this!

Basicly, when I use certain textures - usually the 'wood' or 'metal' ones, (although in this case, the brick wall) in a map, when i bring up the change weapon menu in-game, the lightmaps seem to dissapear!

Example:

Without the weapon HUD overlay - looking fine...

(NOTE: The black spaces are blocked in with a brush - and not just free space...)

[​IMG]

Then with the weapon HUD overlay... ARGH! The wall's lightmaps are gone!

[​IMG]

This keeps bringing my mapping to a complete halt as I then spend ages looking for a texture that doesn't lose its lightmap!

Am I missing something here, like an entity that defines how to lightmap properly or something, or something else entirely?

Thanks in advance!

2. Sgt Frag

Sgt Frag L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    You've found the most common error with Hammer/TF2

You are using textures that start with model/, the model textures have a different vertex lighting prop.

Just select one of them, hit replace in the tex dialog and find the same tex without model/ in front. Most of the textures come in both varieties and there is no way to filter them seperately. Unfortunately all the model ones show up at the top of the viewer.

3. Moggie100

Moggie100 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Bah! I knew it'd be something stupid...

Thanks, it works perfectly now!