Texture browser doesn't open!

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
Texture browser doesn't open! (derp nevermind)

Weird problem...

Whenever I try to open the texture browser Hammer acts as though the browser has actually opened (graying out the title bar, and whenever I try to click on anything it "dings" like it's got another window taking priority.) The only way out of this is by hitting escape. No windows are opening that I can tell, but it's acting as if it is exactly.

Basically, open the browser, move it aside, and that's what hammer looks like.

I've already verified Source SDK (not sure if that does much like it would if it were a game), anything else I should be looking at? I just built this machine not too long ago so it's all a fresh copy of the SDK. I've installed the mapping resource pack, and the construction theme, and that's it so far.

edit: god dammit. I swear every time I post a question I figure it out right away. I've been fighting this for a few days now! It was dragged off the screen to one side and I just barely managed to grab an edge and pull it back. Probably from swapping my dual monitor set up around. It was used to being oriented to the right side of my main screen on the other one.

So uhh.. thanks
!

Last edited:

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Did you move from 2 monitors to one recently? I bet that's why. Hammer can't relocate its windows and you'll need to go back to the 2 monitor setup, move the texture window, and then return to the single monitor.