Testing the map tests a "previous state"

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by thunderdraco, Jun 20, 2008.

1. thunderdraco

thunderdraco L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hey there guys. I have a problem with my map. Whenever i try to test run my map, and i get in game, the map seems to be in a previous state it was in before, unlike how it is now. For example, I may have added a few staircases in my map and then saved, but when I test the map, it gives me the map without the staircases. I dont know what could have caused this as this hadn't been happening before. Any help would be great. And if you need more info, I will provide it.

2. DasMatze

DasMatze L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Look at your compile log. There must be an error which causes that the map won't be saved.

DasMatze

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. thunderdraco

thunderdraco L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    wow i guess i really should have done that first. Sorry its been awhile since i used SDK. But thank you, I found the problem with your help. Turns out it had to do with those pesky displacements. Thanks!

4. Spacemonkeynz

Spacemonkeynz L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Those displacements can be very pesky.

5. Queops

Queops L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Displacements ARE pesky.

6. dookiebot

dookiebot L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I KEEEELLLL YOU DISPLACEMENTSS!!!!!

Yeah, I laugh at how when I went into mapping I thought outdoor areas would be easier to map than indoor areas. hahahahah hahahahahha :(