Temple

Apr 19, 2009
Thread_Necromancer.jpg

:'V

PMAvers

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 29, 2008
Makes me think of Serious Sam.

Man, now I want a SS/TF2 crossover. Serious Heavy.

Heavy runs into a head-less scout with stickies instead of hands.

Scoot: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Heavy: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH YOURSELF *dakkadakka*

Cresting over the next hill, a hundred more of the scout-bombers appear.

Heavy: Oh, this is bad.

Acumen

Annoyer
aa
Jun 11, 2009
i'd lower the torches - a lot. just makes it more believable that human beings can light them without a ladder of slaves underneath them.
apart from realistic aspect it also makes the point of focus more on line with the players view, so he doesn't look slightly upwards to watch the torches as a guideline, imo.

now go work on the repepepepepeteiveness ! that means, make it less repeating

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
It actually reminds me a lot more of Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy. I like it. :D

A forever downfall for my maps is i have no clue how to model or I would have fun stuff like that included =)

now go work on the repepepepepeteiveness ! that means, make it less repeating

Map is really pillar excessive i agree. Through all the picture and researching i did into the architect it did seem however in Egypt when they built such temples for support they really used a ton of well... support =p

I may try to remove a bit of them however I'm also trying to keep it relatively -correct-

Jan 20, 2010
Yeah, Egyptian architecture LOVED columns. As I said, it looks good to me. Repetitiveness is just an aspect of Egyptian aesthetics.

egyptian-temple.jpg

Columns Columns Columns

Only thing I'd suggest, DJive, is maybe mix up the style of the crown of the columns a bit?

Last edited:

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Only thing I'd suggest, DJive, is maybe mix up the style of the crown of the columns a bit?

That's a great idea. Honestly I never thought of that. I will certainly look into that down the road and bother a modeler =p

good call, ty again.

would be nice if they weren't so smooth as well, some nicks and chunks out of the pillars would make them look a lot older.

hmm true. Without modeling however im unsure how to do this and not create 10000 different leafs

Last edited: