Temper (Arena)

ARENA Temper RC1-reupload

DrLambda

L69: Teeheehee, Member
aa
Feb 18, 2015
Steam Workshop!
koth_temper on tf2maps!

Here it is, requested at least by one person - The arena version of koth_temper.

I added a few new paths and fixed a few bugs koth_temper_r1 had. Because the map *might* work better for Arena, i will run it through a few imps. I don't expect a lot of layout changes, but there might be some.

Of course, i kept arena gameplay in mind when making the changes. There are way less pickups, the spawn rooms have been fixed etc.

Thanks go out to:
Everyone involved in the TF2Maps Construction pack
Everyone on TF2Maps for the oodles of tutorials and resources you can find here. I'm still overwhelmed.
A Boojum Snark for the Ultimate Mapping Resource pack
Void and Leminnes for some textures
[WW] SethG for custom [WW] Logos.
Ravidge for the colored metal materials
iiboharz for the TF2Maps Workshop ressources
ZeNewDragon for extensive feedback

Last edited:

Lain

lobotomy success story
aa
Jan 8, 2015
Play it in an imp tonight, i am really interested to see how it plays in Arena.

Edit: Played it, and I am very conflicted about it. It plays alright, no areas feel crazy op or anything, but the map is just too small (by design?) and many players pointed this out. Although since you are in RC1 you most likely aren't looking to change it.

Last edited:

DrLambda

L69: Teeheehee, Member
aa
Feb 18, 2015
So, after not doing anything on this project for about 9 months, i decided to give it one last cleanup that fixes most bugs and should improve performance a bit.

Most of the changes were done at least 8 months ago and as such, the changelog has been lost in time. I only can try to guess most things.

I consider this project dead for obvious reasons, but there were fans of the map, and i wanted to give them the bug-free experience.
The map could really use another optimization pass, but i considered that more trouble than it is worth. It plays stable on my average pc.

Changelog
  • Fixed - Every nonsolid prop now has proper clipping both for players and for projectiles.
  • Fixed - Removed func_visclusters, because they don't work in the way they're supposed to, decreasing performance.
  • Fixed - Removed areaportal on outer room in spawn building, because it literally hid nothing.
  • Changed - Both outer buildings had some layout changes. They're no longer mirrored, but the impact should be minimal.
  • Fixed - Added missing overlays under pickups.

Read the rest of this update entry...