*Teleports in to Forum* - Danke Engineer!

I Am On Fiyah!!!

L1: Registered
Mar 18, 2008
Hey everyone, I found this forum cuz I asked a question about returning the intelligence when someone falls in to a pit of death a la Quake 3, and someone linked me to a thread here.

I've been mapping for a long time now, but I still suck. ;) I'm just a novice mapper, I've never had much success at getting people to play my maps but I enjoy it all the same. I started out mapping with Quake 3, then I moved on to Battlefield 1942. God what a horrible mapping program that was, going from Radiant to that? Yikes. Anyway, I moved on to TF2 and am happy that Hammer doesn't suck as bad as the BF1942 mapper, though it's still not as good as Radiant in my opinion.

Currently I'm working on a TF2 Remake of the Dueling Keeps map from Quake 3. I've got most of the principal work done, but I'm having trouble getting the lighting right as I've pretty much always sucked at lighting. I put the lights in the wrong places and end up getting big bright spots on my walls, and can never figure out where to put them to get rid of them.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello. Hopefully you guys don't mind n00b questions, cuz I'll have a bunch. :D

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
Welcome!

Before you post a question, use the search feature which might end up helping you a little faster. Visit the tutorials forum often, and dont forget our steam chat room for even faster help.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Hah ya, there is a bunch of us old GTKRadient mappers around, we still complain about hammer not being GTK a lot =p

Welcome to the forums! A link that you may want to check out is the Mapping Resource Thread in my signature