Teleporters

Anreol

L2: Junior Member
Feb 21, 2015
Hey again!
I'm working on my map, and i will use teleporters, (obj_teleporter)
But the bad thing is that the enemy can destroy / sap them.
There is a way to make the teleporters invencible or something?

And if that dont works, because 1 teleporter for a whole team isn't enough, how i can make a invisible zone that teleports you in a instant to another zone?

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
obj_teleporter has a flag to make it invulnerable but it can still be sapped. You could try enveloping them in a block bullets-textured box that has very close, or overlapping dimensions.

The best way to teleport players is using the point_teleport entity. You place it where the destination is, orient it and place it on the ground. Give it a name and for the entity to teleport, use !activator. Then for the source location, use a trigger_multiple > OnStartTouch > targetname of point_teleport > Teleport. point_teleport is great because it lets you use logic_case to choose random destinations, which could be handy later.

Be advised that player direction momentum is preserved through portals... uh, I mean teleporting, meaning that no matter what direction a player faces when he arrives, he will still be moving in the direction he was when he ran in to the trigger.