teleporter Problem

benmols

L1: Registered
Oct 1, 2008
Hey Guys, ive got a problem with my map, where by an Engi builds a tele entrance and exit, and when stepping on the teleporter Entrance the Exit destroys itself, but on th HUD it stills says that 1 teleport was complete, but your still standing on the entrance. Any ideas?

EDIT: This doesnt happen all the time. Only on occasions.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Your teleporter exit will destroy itself if the player being teleported to that spot would cause problems.

I can't think of any examples right now, except for the patched problem with building teleporters under doors- if you built an exit there and someone teleported, they'd be stuck in a door. So the exit destroys itself to prevent that from happening.

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
This happens when you cant get out of the exit (as it doesnt have room to place a player there). The teleport goes succesfull but as it cant place you at the exit it breaks. To prevent people getting stuck by it they simply dont make you move. Many times it also gets coused on bugged displacements.

I had that in a pl_ map of me. as i allowed building on the track and the cart doesnt destroy buildings i did get as result that a building came in the cart. To prevent me getting stuck in the cart the exit simply selfdestructs.

Just check if there is enough room at the exit at all times. Any moving object above it can couse a failure when you try to teleport at the moment it goes over the exit.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
I find this happens when there isn't a lot of head room. But basically what has already been said, if there's not enough room for a player to transport, it'll self destruct.

And yes, displacements can be a bit buggy for teleporters.

benmols

L1: Registered
Oct 1, 2008
hmm, well if Displacements are proving buggy with Teleporters thats probably my problem. It only happens on a few occasions, but when I get my map up on a server (hopefully in a few days) ill see how testing goes and if people have complaints about it.

Thanks lads.