Teleport that preserves player angle?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by BaconCat, May 11, 2012.

1. BaconCat

BaconCat L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    How can I make a Teleport trigger that will preserve the angle the player is facing when they go through it?

So far I have been able to make a teleport that works, no problem, but they always face the same direction when they exit, which means if they strafe into it, it'll mess up the orientation.

If I check "Preserve angles even when a local landmark is not specified" the teleport simply doesn't work.

Apologies in advance if I have missed something obvious.

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  2. honeymustard

honeymustard L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    A friend of mine was looking into this, from what he could work out, preserving the angle only works in single player games, not multiplayer. There might be a way, but he couldn't work it out :s

3. JustAHorrible

JustAHorrible L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    It is possible to preserve angles with normal Engineer teleporters. Try buildables, maybe?

4. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    The Engineer's teleporter dumps you out in a set direction.

5. JustAHorrible

JustAHorrible L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Engineers can orient their teleporters, dude. Right-click while holding a teleporter exit.

6. Wander

Wander L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yes.. and the player comes out of the teleport in that set direction.. not in the direction the player was looking, which was the point of this topic

7. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Yes, this is exactly what I mean.

The OP is trying to get teleporters that preserve the direction the player is facing as they enter it, not set specifically the direction they want them to, that's how they work normally.

8. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings: