1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

Team-only doors?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by gamez7, Apr 19, 2015.

1. gamez7

gamez7 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I was wondering if there was a way to do what I am looking to make in this map, but I can't seem to figure it out myself. I want to create a door that will let whichever team currently owns a control point through, so if Blu owns the point, they can pass through, but not Red. How would I go about making this, or is it impossible?

2. Muddy

aa Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    You could have two trigger_multiples that open the door whenever someone touches it, and set one to only open for BLU players and the other for RED players. Then have each one enable/disable depending on which team owns the point.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. gamez7

Positive Ratings:
    Alright, but how would I prevent a Red player from going through the door if a Blu player was standing on the trigger_multiple?

4. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    The filter_activator_tfteam has an Associated Control Point key specifically for cases like this. Set that to the CP in question and then use that filter for your triggers.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Géza!

Géza! L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'd say that needlessly complicates it. If a Blu player is opening the door and a Red one comes through, he won't stick around for long, predictably...

6. gamez7

Positive Ratings:
    It's vital to the custom gamemode I'm trying to implement. If a member of the other team entered through the door, it would screw everything up.

I originally tried doing this with two func_respawnroomvisualizer s that were enabled and disabled by the CP, but that didn't seem to work.

7. A Boojum Snark

Positive Ratings:
    If you want that, you should be able to use a func_rrv if you link it to an inaccessible func_rr, which is ALSO set to be associated with the CP in question. The caveat here is that if someone is inside the rrv when ownership changes they would get stuck.

8. Requiem

Requiem L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Would a func_push get them unstuck?

9. A Boojum Snark

Positive Ratings:
    I don't think so, as they would be caught inside the brush.

10. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    You could put a filtered teleport brush inside the visualizer brush so if they end up inside of it, they could be teleporter to just outside of it.