Team-only doors - basic mapping question

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by JohnMazz, Jan 23, 2008.

1. JohnMazz

JohnMazz Guest

Positive Ratings:
    I have what should be a fairly simple question (I hope). I have those grate (not great) doors like blu has on their respawn room in Dustbowl in a map I'm making. I want them to be workable (open and close when you walk up to it) only for one team (blue for instance).

See? Pretty basic.

2. Squirrelly

Squirrelly Guest

Positive Ratings:
    I don't think u can make it so it ONLY opens for certain teams, but u can simply make the brush to trigger a door to open on one side so only they can open it.

The doors in dustbowl are built that way, if u could get to the other side of the door, it would open for you, no matter what team your on.

3. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Use a filter_activator_team, name it and set it to the team you want. Then use a trigger_multiple for opening the door and set the trigger's filter property to the one you made.

4. DrHaphazard

DrHaphazard L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Curses! Well Boojum beat me too it. Heh I had fun looking at the decompiled 2fort to see how it was done though. Thanks though Boojum for clearing that up.

5. Squirrelly

Squirrelly Guest

Positive Ratings:
    Okay i lied

haven't used filter_activator_team yet, haha

Yeah what he said!

6. shpladoink

shpladoink L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
  7. JohnMazz

JohnMazz Guest

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks guys, I'll be trying all of this out today. Nice find shpladoink, I was looking all around Valve's wiki looking for something exactly like that without any luck, thanks.