Team Interrobang's: Meet the Cheat.

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by Jack Riguel, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Jack Riguel

Jack Riguel L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    I stumbled upon this when I was viewing their site after playing around in their servers. (Fun group by the way, seems like most of them are real laid back and easy-going). Anyways, this is a pretty interesting guide that helps lay out most all cheats known for TF2 and by default L4D. Not only does it describe and tell you how to identify these cheats, it also provides video links of said cheats in use.

I'd suggest any administrators or server owners should take a look at this. Even if you're not though, it makes a pretty interesting read. I've seen most of these cheats through admining on a Zombie Master server and a few others when I've been on a non-VAC TF2 server. However there's still a few here that I've never even heard of, especially those involving the engineer.

Linky to Team Interrobang Page

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  2. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    They should make hack servers for those morons so they can get off the normal players lawn

3. Fearlezz

Fearlezz L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    This is good, long list.

4. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    IIRC, one of their players was busted for aimbotting

5. gamemaster1996

gamemaster1996 L13: Stunning Member

Positive Ratings:
    It's hilarious if an admin/server owner checks the scripts running from each player (which i think he can do) and everybody but the hackers gets god and noclip

6. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    I wonder why...

EDIT: :facepalm: @ user

EDIT2: This is still my favorite Cheat:
    [​IMG]

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  7. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Positive Ratings:
    I do want to emphasize that shooting people in the water that you otherwise cannot see is a bad way to try to detect hackers.

The r_cheapwaterstart and r_cheapwaterend settings override water_lod_control. Additional settings (such as DirectX level) also influence how easily you can see enemies below the water.

AFAIK it's not a cheat since there are legitimate "looks nice" versus "performs better" tradeoffs people could choose, but I'm also not averse to Valve locking it down somehow.

8. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    In DoD players could turn off the ambient sounds using the console command "nosound" which allowed players to hear footsteps for a good local radius (which would otherwise blend with explosions and soundscapes). With good knowledge of a map, it wasn't hard to shoot players through walls with the bullet penetration effect. This made cheating accusations frequent however, and wallhacks difficult to disdinguish. Pretty much anyone with surround sound (or even just stereo), awareness of the "nosound" command and intimite knowledge of the map could slaughter the entire server with ease. I was banned from several french servers for "wallhacking", when i could just hear where they were.

Hacks in TFC/TF2 however, are a lot easier to spot.

9. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    Please stop giving me ideas.

10. PL-7764

PL-7764 L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I wouldn't say there's no hack to remain cloaked while attacking ... I've personally met at least one spy that could backstab while cloaked. They were slightly visible the whole time the deathcam followed them from the time of the stab until the zoom in, like a Cloak and Dagger wielding spy who is running low on cloak power. That slight bit of visibility was even my own team's color for some reason (like seeing a friendly cloaked spy). :rolleyes:
    He disappeared from the server quickly, but I don't know if it was because someone caught on or not.