Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by tf2.com, Nov 10, 2016.

1. tf2.com

tf2.com L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:
    • Fixed invisible weapons on other players when they have recently changed loadout
    • Fixed color correction not working
    • Fixed players not always returning to the matchmaking lobby screen at the end of a Mann vs. Machine match
    • Fixed particles not being removed from cosmetics when toggling between third-person and first-person views
    • Fixed seeing the wrong custom projectiles for grenade launchers like the Iron Bomber when the wielder has recently changed loadout
    • Fixed some Strange map filters displaying the wrong map names in their descriptions
    • Replaced convar tf_teamtalk with tf_gravetalk
      • When enabled, living players can receive text and voice chat from dead players
      • When disabled, living players cannot hear the dead, regardless of team
      • Removes the odd behavior of tf_teamtalk wherein living players were exclusively unable to hear dead players on the other team
      • Defaults to on, except in Competitive matches
    • Fixed being able to use The Holiday Punch on enemies during a Halloween boss truce
    • Fixed not being able to activate the Pyro's Phlogistinator rage again right away if the first attempt failed
    • Fixed Mann vs. Machine bots not playing the teleport sound effect and becoming invulnerable after teleporting
    • Fixed not switching Snipers to their melee weapon while under the effects of the "tiny" spell
    • Fixed a missing material in the main menu
    • Added the Unusual Cap to be used for granting a Self-Made Unusual Cap to Unusual particle effect contributors
    • Added the Chapelaria 6v6 tournament medals for season 1
    • Updated the spawn/death sounds for Monoculus and Merasmus to remove the Horseless Headless Horsemann sound effects
    • Updated the localization files
    • Updated mvm_ghost_town to fix the cube maps
    • Updated mvm_mannhattan
      • Fixed Spies spawning behind the closed door at Gate A
      • Fixed Sentry Busters sometimes staying at Gate A instead of attacking the sentry gun
    • Updated pl_millstone_event (Hellstone)
      • Fixed an exploit where you could trap Horseless Headless Horsemann in place
      • Fixed some door frames from being able to shoot through them
      • Fixed a texture error
      • Fixed a barrel that you could walk through
      • Improved navigation file for better bot movement
      • Fixed being able to shoot through building wall located front of RED 1st base
      • Community request: Added OnTruceStart and OnTruceEnd outputs to the tf_gamerules entity for maps

Read on the TF2 Blog...

• Thanks Thanks x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Diva Dan

aa Diva Dan hello!

Positive Ratings:
    Im boutta buss

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    nice

NICE

NICE

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Nicky

aa Nicky Rotten Tops

Positive Ratings:
    This means that in comp matches, you can't hear calls from dead teammates? So like if you damage the med a ton but died before you can get the final hit; you can't call how much damage you did and where they are? That doesn't sound too good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Beef Bucket

aa Beef Bucket L41: Blessed Member

Positive Ratings:
    While well intentioned, I fear this will widen the gap between organized and impromptu teams, as the former will likely be communicating using 3rd party software, circumventing this restriction

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Diva Dan

aa Diva Dan hello!

Positive Ratings:
    You can't see calls from dead enemies

7. Nicky

aa Nicky Rotten Tops

Positive Ratings:
    But it says "regardless of team". So I would expect that to mean you can't see/hear calls from anyone dead, including teammates.

8. Hyperion

aa Hyperion L16: Grid Member

Positive Ratings:
    Nice! No question about do they listen. I just hope they would tell what they are working on currently

9. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    The grave talk change is a very positive one, especially now that they updated comp to use it. Now they just need to update the voice codec for the game to be the higher quality one that CSGO uses so the in game voice chat doesn't sound awful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Cartfridge

Cartfridge L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tumbolisu

aa Tumbolisu  I ⌄ I 

Positive Ratings:
    I have hope for this game again.
    That explains why sometimes I just stand there holding M2 and nothing happens. Good thing it's fixed!
    Anybody got an image? Nevermind, found it on reddit: http://imgur.com/a/45CWX

Other than that, I gues the OnTruceStart & OnTruceEnd can be quite helpful for making better halloween maps.

12. Izotope

aa Izotope Never releases maps

Positive Ratings:
    While that's really nice, I would have enjoyed an additional input for tf_gamerules like EnableTruce and DisableTruce.
    That could be very useful, and right now you need to spawn a halloween boss and the right cvar for the truce to kick in.

13. killohurtz

aa killohurtz Distinction in Applied Carving

Positive Ratings:
    From the October 12 update:

14. Diva Dan

aa Diva Dan hello!

Positive Ratings:
    Yes, but those are only for those 2 bosses. I would like to be able to call a truce whenever I want for the skeleton king or even a custom boss

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Joshenkstone

Joshenkstone L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I played on gorge event today and i could see the difference now that color correction is workin' really well.
    (so how long did it take valve to fix this?)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
    Long. I bet there were like a dozen emails sent to valve about that, and a thread by puxorb.

17. Joshenkstone

Joshenkstone L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    i even saw the subject on reddit sometimes.

18. Mikroscopic

aa Mikroscopic

Positive Ratings:
    The new I/O is interesting. I'd still like to see an OnKothClockEnd, though.

19. Hyperion

aa Hyperion L16: Grid Member

Positive Ratings:
    Phlog change probably affects MvM the most because with tanks it is beneficial to hold M1 and M2 both. Same goes to enemies too but usually you die before you actually start firing after taunt (and when you lose uber from taunting)