Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by tf2.com, Apr 25, 2016.

1. tf2.com

tf2.com L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:
    • Fixed client crash related to custom HUDs
    • Added a second style to The Patriot Peak that will hide the Scout's headphones
    • Fixed the Powdered Practitioner not using the correct Blue team material
    • Fixed seeing the Competitive Mode doors at the beginning of the round for Mann vs. Machine
    • Updated the Quickplay category for Alternative game modes to include Medieval maps

Read on the TF2 Blog...

2. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    BOOOOOO

3. Star Bright

Star Bright L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Degroot Keep out? PogChamp

4. Beef Bucket

aa Beef Bucket L41: Blessed Member

Positive Ratings:
    You Fockin' wot mate?

5. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm surprised Valve added Meieval this fast to the alternate quick play list. I figured they would do it but it would just take a week or two. Hopefully they add arena servers too so all maps in the game are in quickplay.

6. Jekyllson

Jekyllson L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Now that Medieval mode is once again an officially-supported game mode, is anyone thinking of making a Medieval map for the Mayann Project? You have to admit, it would be the perfect opportunity.

7. Yrr

aa Yrr An Actual Deer

Positive Ratings:
    literally nobody enjoys medieval

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jekyllson

Jekyllson L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    The numbers simply don't support that, though. As incredibly fun and unique as Watergate was, I couldn't find any servers running it a month after Invasion ended. In contrast, even though Medieval mode has never been available on Quickplay, there have been multiple regular committed servers playing it for years. It's like CTF; you can argue that it's a poorly-designed mode and that no one enjoys playing it, and people will agree with you, but that doesn't take away from how full the CTF servers always seem to be.

We'll see how Degroot Keep fares in Quickplay after a few weeks, but if Medieval mode's enduring popularity over the years is anything to go by, then it could very well continue to draw in players, even with an almost medicore Medieval map like Degroot Keep.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:

Arena...?

10. Lain

aa Lain Resident wrong opinion holder

Positive Ratings:
    (People are bad at this game, and enjoy not being punished for dying. This is why CTF is a popular game mode, since it is particularly lenient on death. So actually making a mode that punishes peril would be frustrating for a large portion of the playerbase. Also crits ruin everything.)

I know of a few people who play it sometimes, but none of them say they particularly seriously enjoy it. So I agree, it's mostly just a novelty mode.

11. Vel0city

aa Vel0city personal pick-pocketing parrot

Positive Ratings:
    Round timers on KOTH and CP and PL and TC (I can say that now) are broken again.

GG Valve.

12. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    Some people still like Arena, myself included.

13. Lain

aa Lain Resident wrong opinion holder

Positive Ratings:
    Yes, as do I. I was just giving a reason as to why Valve might be hesitant. There were a vocal group of people who didn't even really like Byre, probably my favorite Arena map.

14. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    I dunno, Arena seems pretty popular, at least outside of TF2M. There are entire communities out there dedicated to playing Arena Mode.

I'd argue that more people like Arena mode than TC_Hydro.

15. Anreol

Anreol L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Degroot keep in quickplay?
    Oh boy time to exploit the nice collisions that map have

(I dont find medieval very... good. It probably will kill servers when the current map changes to that)

16. Psy

aa Psy The Imp Queen

Positive Ratings:
    Medieval? RIP alternate modes.