Team Fortress 2 Update Released

tf2.com

L13: Stunning Member
Jun 16, 2010
An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:
  • Fixed Unusual versions of the Taunt: Burstchester not displaying their Unusual effects
  • Updated the localization files

Read on the TF2 Blog...

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Still no fix for Invasion maps crashing the game. Does Valve not know about it or did they break TF2 in such a way that it's become unfixable? I'm going for the latter.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Valve would've fixed maps crashing the game within a day if they knew what was going on. Apparently they have no idea what's going on. Which is the case for many things in TF2.

I mean, give me a logical explanation on how adding 4 maps, 16 cosmetics, 4 reskins, some unusual effects, and a taunt can cause a game to be so bloody unstable as TF2 is right now. It's almost impossible to play on any of the Invasion maps because for some reason they like to crash TF2. It's even worse on OS X and Linux.

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Yup, everybody with a computer that's not equipped with high-end hardware (read: 90% of home computers) that have texture resolution set at normal or low will have to accept the terrible framerate with high texture quality because otherwise the game will crash. Now, us OS X and Linux people would be fine if it weren't for the fact that Valve LIMITED the texture quality to normal because the game would run out of addressable memory if it weren't, thanks to the awesome memory management on those platforms which they still haven't fixed.

May 25, 2015
  • Updated the localization files

invasionmettle.png

You don't need to know swedish to see what's wrong here. Valve, plz fix.