Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by tf2.com, Jul 23, 2015.

1. tf2.com

tf2.com L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:
    • Fixed a client crash related to the spectator GUI
    • Fixed sentry guns having unlimited ammoFixed sentry gun model being set to level 1 after a sapper is removed

Source: TF2.com

2. Vincent

aa Vincent 🔨 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi 🔨

Positive Ratings:
    No joke that level 1 sentry after sapper thing just happened to me a few hours ago. I'm surprised how fast they fixed it.

3. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    I always wonder how these bugs manage to crop up after they change something entirely unrelated

4. Egan

aa Egan

Positive Ratings:
    I'd imagine the TF2 code is a bit all-encompassing these days, just after so many new features to the game, and apparently it's not unusual in game design that fixing one bug just creates a disaster somewhere else. I've linked it before but this podcast video talks a bit about that, and it's also pretty interesting otherwise as it continues.

5. DannyRand

DannyRand L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome to programming.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    "99 game-breaking bugs in the code,
    99 game-breaking bugs.
    Take one down, patch it around,
    137 game-breaking bugs in the code."

• Thanks Thanks x 10
  7. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    Me thinks they just have incredibly bad code structure.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
    That's exactly why they won't port tf2 to source 2. After years of added and changed features the code must be a compleete mess

9. Vel0city

aa Vel0city personal pick-pocketing parrot

Positive Ratings:
    Which is exactly why they should port TF2 to Source 2. Give the game a fresh base, then add upon it.

Valve should redo the TF2 beta on the new engine, with the original 6 maps the game came with back in 2007, no hats, no non-stock weapons, nothing. Then add content piece by piece while constantly checking for coding errors so that you don't end up with the same coding mess TF2 currently is.

10. iiboharz

aa iiboharz Meme Queen

Positive Ratings:
    this would take a very long time as the tf2 team is quite small (10-20 people afaik) but ok

11. Vel0city

aa Vel0city personal pick-pocketing parrot

Positive Ratings:
    Everything takes a very long time. What won't take a long time though is that an update to this game breaks it to a point where so many pieces of the game are broken your best bet is to downgrade to a previous version of TF2 and start all over again.

12. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Starting with a codebase that didn't have a provision for cosmetics or unlocks is probably a good part of why things are such a mess now, so I don't know why you think they should do that.

• Thanks Thanks x 2