Team Fortress 2 Update Released

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by tf2.com, Nov 21, 2012.

1. tf2.com

tf2.com L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:
    • Added a new item to the store "Upgrade to Premium Gift"Increased the maximum size of backpacks from 1000 to 2000

Source: TF2.com

2. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    I'd like to remind everyone that if you have more than a thousand items in your backpack you are not fit to join human society.

• Thanks Thanks x 6
  3. Sel

Sel Banned

Positive Ratings:
    Another update for item hoarders, meanwhile spy has become a disgusting exploit-fest rather than a class, yay!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. TMP

aa TMP Abuser of Site Rules

Positive Ratings:
    That's really more out of necessity that people are just better at this game at this point. Pyro's approaching that point too.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
    Even needing more than 300 slots is pretty insane

6. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    I've only used a backpack expander once so far, and I probably won't need another if Valve hurries up and gives me something worthwhile to do with my massive pile of spare crates soon.

7. GPuzzle

GPuzzle L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I can build 2fort with my spare crates.

8. Little Dude

Little Dude L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I have my backpack a certain way so I need a backpack expander every now and then. Not that I have lots of items, just have a certain way I want my backpack organized

9. LeSwordfish

Positive Ratings:
    which you are willing to pay ACTUAL MONEY to maintain

This is sociopathy.

10. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    Looks more like disposable income to me.

11. LeSwordfish

Positive Ratings:
    Being spent on organisation for virtual items. A character in a sitcom would do that.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. theharribokid

aa theharribokid

Positive Ratings:
    yeah I used to have a nice way to set my item out until about Halloween 2011 and now i'm at 430/500 it's all about just packing it all in. I think better backpack organisation control and a few filters should be bumping up the list of things to do in the TF2 team as some TF2 vets backpacks are starting to hit critical mass.

13. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Don't put words in anyone's mouths. I got mine for free (it's a long, silly story). And if I get another one, it'll be by trading the straight-up ludicrous amount of spare metal I've built up over the past year.

Honestly, I can't see how backpack expanders are going to make Valve much money, since anyone smart enough to hoard their extra drops so they can eventually trade for the stuff they want instead of paying for items is also going to be too smart to spend real money on the expanders either. By the time you've converted so many items into metal that you've run out of room for even that, you've got more than enough to trade for a backpack expander.

Lord only knows where all the backpack expanders people are willing to trade off come from in the first place, though. Probably best not to think about it too hard.

14. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    Same place as the keys come from, the money printing press that Valve has in their basement.

15. LeSwordfish

Positive Ratings:
    Okay, sorry for assuming. But goddamn it.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  16. Penguin

aa Penguin Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome

Positive Ratings:
    Hey, SOMEONE paid for it.

17. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    I just wish I had something to use these Series 1 through 10 crates on something, maybe like combine 5 crates = 1 scrap? At least it'd be worth something at least...