Team Fortress 2 Update Released (May 21, 2008)

Brandished

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 19, 2008
http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=posts&id=1586&cc=US

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Team Fortress 2

* Fixed mat_queue_mode crash during level transitions
* Fixed rapid weapon switching allowing Medics to prevent deployed UberCharges from draining
* Improved prediction of Spy's speed changes when disguising
* Fixed Stopwatch panel not updating if level designer ends round by hand instead of letting the gamerules end it
* Optimized particle traces on multi-core machines
* Fixed tracers sometimes firing with the wrong team color
* Fixed rapid-fire weaponry critical hit checks getting out of synch between the server and client
* Fixed map exploits in Gold Rush

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
havn't fixed the rapid weapon switching for the taunts yet i see :p Not that there's anything wrong with watching the HW Guy spin that 150kg minigun on his finger.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
* Fixed tracers sometimes firing with the wrong team color
That one was beginning to annoy me, quite often I'd go 'whoa wtf theres a blue behind me' turn around and see its the heavy I'm kritzkrieging......

I see they've still not fixed the problem of being able to heal someone whilst you are taunting as medic.....

TotalMark

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 13, 2008
Did they change Gold Rush, because I was on the Ville last night (actually morning :huh:) and the map looked different.

The back building's entrance on "A" was walled off and the upstairs looked different, is that what they mean by "exploits"?

Juice

L4: Comfortable Member
Feb 17, 2008
They blocked off the jail infront of blues spawn in the first round. That was fun.. Good times.. :<

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Did they change Gold Rush, because I was on the Ville last night (actually morning :huh:) and the map looked different.

The back building's entrance on "A" was walled off and the upstairs looked different, is that what they mean by "exploits"?

I noticed this on some random french server too. It wasn't my regular server but it was closed off all the same. I'm not quite sure how a doorway could be exploited though? I suppose simply using it is exploiting the fact that it is there? In which case they should remove all doorways? :p

I was slightly confused because someone had a sprey paint that said "owned!" in the tf2 style that actually looked like a sign, they had spreyed it where the door was and i actually thought VALVe had put that as an overley there, or maybe atleast the server. It made me chuckle.. Of course it disappeared later and i realised it was a sprey paint but it was the principle all the same.

Brandished

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 19, 2008
Valve ninja'd in some changes to Goldrush with this update. I still rarely see the 3rd stage of that map, even with the changes. I think I may have played the third stage 6 or 8 times, compared to the 50~70 rounds I've played in 1 and 2 since the map was released. The map still needs a bit of reworking IMO.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
I've seen the explosion twice total now, I've missed it about 6 times (fell into it or was on a death screenshot or somewhere else in the map..) and I've got to round 2 and not seen round 3 far far far too many times, round 1 is well balanced but round 2 is still too good for the defenders.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Yay, awesome they fixed the tracer problem. It seemed like everytime a red engineer was firing his shotgun at me, the tracers were blue.